Increase in "Item Not Received"

I sell quite low value items and send by regular domestic post and in the last 4 weeks have had quite an increase in "Item Not Received" requests.     Feels like AusPost lost a truck somewhere and all the contents.

Just wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there. Have only had one, but the ironic thing is, it was posted to a buyer only a few suburbs away from me, whereas, items I've posted interstate, have arrived really quickly. Like you, my items are low value too, and go by domestic post ... I think there's a conspiracy against us (LOL), but it IS very annoying, not happy  with it either.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Personally I've only ever had a handful of items going missing over several thousand transactions, so it sounds more like an uptick in buyers knowing that they will get a refund due to lack of tracking.

One thing you could do is charge $3-3.50 for postage and use the DL size green domestic tracked letter. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I get about 1 in 500 INR's on untracked letters.  I have not noticed that go up.  I don't measure this so it's a finger in the wind estimate, but it's pretty consistent.  

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

We usually only get a few each year, and haven't noticed any increase recently.

One thing we have done since covid started is to extend our handling time, which isn't critical to what we sell, so even things taking a bit longer than usual isn't much of a problem.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I have noticed most of my missing items are to local suburbs as well.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Local is not really local with AusPost because they cannot send items directly to the next suburb. First they have to send them to a major sorting centre, which can be 100km away, just to send them back to where you live...

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply