Insertion Fees - should be FREE listing

I haven't listed for a while, but I thought from Ebay emails, listing was still free except for some select items.

I haven't selected anything in my listing that would add a cost and when I click on the amount it says "insertion fee"

I am having a bit of a clean up and have a op shop box and then stuff I think is worth trying to get a return on.

Example:  Kindle 4th Gen ... WHY would there be a listing fee.  Simple listing>>>

SEEMS there are a few questions the same BUT no one is giving a correct answer.

"That doesn't sound right" is not an answer.

I downloaded their PDF with categories and it shows as being FREE ... so WHY

THANKS for the help guys.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Have you actually completed a listing, quite often the listing fee reverts to  zero, when the listing is actually completed.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Need for information!    What is the amount?     Or might you have listed in 2 categories?

Why not complete one listing and tell us what happens?  

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Are you sure it doesn't say Insertion Fee $0.00? That's what mine say, just above the submit button.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Have you signed up for Managed Payments?

What exactly does the insertion fee amount say directly above the Submit button?

Double check that you haven't accidentally selected 2 categories. Also double check that you haven't selected a subtitle. I know you said you haven't added anything that should cost, but definitely worth double checking.

I think you should try, as someone else suggested, actually submitting the listing and see what happens. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

bmanly3
Community Member

You need to sign up for managed payments and need to have all your details verified. That means also verifying the bank account you will have ebay fees taken out of. I got on chat and as soon as this was explained to me and I went through the process all listings became free again, good luck.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply