International Bidder On No International Postage Item

I listed an item for sale that I only want to post within Australia and selected that when listing, and I have 'block bidders from locations I don't post to' ticked in my preferences, but a buyer from the UK has placed a bid anyway. They're selling things themselves and postage for their items is from the UK so that's obviously where they're situated. Is there a setting somewhere that I missed to not allow buyers from other countries?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: International Bidder On No International Postage Item

@queenwaldorf wrote:
I don't think I blocked all countries, because I've had previous listings where I've allowed US, UK and NZ. I didn't realise you had to block every single country even if you've selected to only post to Australia. Seems a bit silly!

Totally agree.

My sister & I got caught out this way a few years back.

It wouldn't be that hard for them to introduce a category selection that just said 'I want to sell to Australia only.' The way it is now leaves room for confusion.

Our ad also came up with the ebay bit that said posts only within Australia, something like that, so we had no reason to suspect it was open to others either. You'd think someone in another country might at least enquire first before bidding if it doesn't say posts internationally.But they don't, and then expect you to post off at the Australian quoted postage rate!

So get into your settings & readjust for the future.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: International Bidder On No International Postage Item

Totally agree! Nothing is ever easy, straightforward or logical on Ebay.
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply