International postage times

I sent an item to both the USA and Canada 3 weeks ago today, both are saying items haven't arrived, is anyone having troubles with internationals taking a long time to arrive. I just received a parcel from the USA which was posted 28/5 so coming into Australia is fast.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Canada usually takes around three weeks, and the USA delivery is dependent on the airline route into the States.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

I also sent items to US and Canada recently that arrived 5 -6 days later. This time around I sent items 2-3 weeks ago and still nothing. I am also still waiting to hear on item to Korea from 5 weeks ago. Seems to be a little up and down, perhaps some random customs crack downs.

image host
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

One of my fave Chinese sellers posted my item on the 8th MAY-it didn't even leave Shanghai until the 30th.In between those dates,it sat in the new black hole for parcels-Shenzhen Province Mail Centre.Sigh

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Parcels TO Canada can arrive in the country very quickly, but can take weeks to be delivered internally once they have cleared Customs.

Over the years we learned to allow 5-6 weeks for cards and gifts for OH's family to be delivered.

It is much the same for the USA, although it is quicker if the parcels are going to a major city.

In both countries it is the rural deliveries that take so long.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

If you have tracking on the parcel or the customs declaration number you may be able to track the parcels on the USPS and Canada Post sites.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

One was registered the other sent ordinary.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you have the Customs Declaration number you may get lucky with that.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

If you have the Customs Declaration number you may get lucky with that.

(coffee splatter on screen)

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Get your mind out of the gutter Foxy.:O:^O

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply