International seller says "Item Location Australia"

Can a International seller list an item with the" Item Location as Australia" but not ever having the items IN Australia and Posting from Overseas?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

No they can't but ebay are pretty slow to pull them up!

Click on report item link just above the description section then choose:

Report Category -> Listing Practices

Reason for report -> Other Listing Practises

Detailed reason -> Item location misrepresentation

The powers that be may take notice but no guarantees lol.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply,

This is what Ebay sent me. What a Joke.

Hello Ian,

Thank you for your email about the items' location may be different from the actual location. I'm happy to explain this further.

Your example isn't permitted in eBay. The only time that we may permit this situation is when a seller is using a dropshipping service. To simplify, it is important to set buyer's expectation. Buyers should know where the item is located.

Dropshipping is an agreement between a retailer and a manufacturer or wholesaler, whereby the retailer takes an order for a specific item, but doesn’t hold it in stock. Instead, it is dispatched directly to the customer by the manufacturer or wholesaler.

Dropshipping expands the range of items a seller can offer, but needs to be managed carefully to ensure a consistently good experience for customers.

Sellers on eBay are allowed to use dropshipping so long as they meet the following terms:
- Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a pre-sale item.
- Guarantee that the item will be available for delivery within 30 days from the end of an auction listing, or the purchase date (for Fixed Price items). Sellers may state that a postage date is estimated, so long as it falls within the 30 day limit, and that postage is still guaranteed within 30 days.
-This information must be in a text size no smaller than the default font size of the eBay Sell-Your-Item form. Currently, the default font size is HTML font size 3.

For more on dropshipping and pre-sale items, copy this link into a new browser window:

I trust this information is helpful. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

That response from Ebay closely matches the Wikipedia explanantion on drop shipping lol

Anyway seems goods can be listed as being in Australia but be sent from overseas if it comes via a drop shipper according to that "explanantion". If the seller makes it clear than the buyer shouldn't be surprised if it takes several weeks to arrive.Otherwise the buyer can leave a neg as has occurred to some of my local international competition.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont have the time to report ALL the fake australian sellers  .......im buying less on ebay  ........i tried to report the matter to ebay   UNABLE TO LODGE A COMPLAINT  wonder why    money

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

But you do have time to drag up a thread that was started 7 1/2 YEARS AGO......sheesh.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply