Is it just me or has your eBay shop died too???

In the past 2 months my sales have dropped dramatically!

I was selling $3000/wk now am lucky to sell $300/wk.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

The Chinese have killed my category, this place will end up just being full of Chinese factories from what I am seeing and no Aussies will be able to make any money if the product comes from China.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

There's been a couple of other sellers who have posted the same observations recently.

It may have something to do with the state of our economy but cheap imports from OS are having a lot to do with it IMO.

The latest Free Trade Agreement would also make for even more subsidised cheaper imports flooding the country.

Message 2 of 37
Latest reply

you are 100%  it would be hard to compete selling the same product as the chinese , not just the products ,even workers here.

i also are involved with small home packaging i have about 6 pensioners doing it part time in there own time ,which boosts there pension income a little  some have done it for 15 years ,  they earn a basic wage per hour , but i have had groups of chinese families willing to do it for 1/3 of the price . [i think they think they still live in china]

good luck with your business

Message 3 of 37
Latest reply

Comparing to the same month last year we are down about 50%.

And same in our category... total flooding by Chinese sellers and getting worse.

This is why we launched our own website a few months back and now doing our damndest to make that work.

We are also now selling on Etsy and that is howing some promising signs too.

Neither of these places have cheap Chinese sellers.

We are hoping that whenever the govt introduces these new import taxes (GST) on imports under $1100 that will make the cheap Chinese imports too expensive and shoppers will be forced to buy in-country.

This will only work if there is the 10% GST plus a fee for collection of, say, $15. Because that will make the $2.00 Chinese import closer to $20. No longer worth buying there. Means our $10 item that is about the same but better quality should sell better.

May be wishful thinking tho.

Message 4 of 37
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

you are 100%  it would be hard to compete selling the same product as the chinese , not just the products ,even workers here.

i also are involved with small home packaging i have about 6 pensioners doing it part time in there own time ,which boosts there pension income a little  some have done it for 15 years ,  they earn a basic wage per hour , but i have had groups of chinese families willing to do it for 1/3 of the price . [i think they think they still live in china]

good luck with your business

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gee joe, sure hope you are up on ALL the latest Govt. Rules & Regulations for your little "employed" Aged Care/DSP receipiants that turn out their "work" for you.  ATO, Safe Work Place/Work Cover, Centrelink, Local Council Zoning Regulations, and etc, etc, etc.

As l am sure that you are on the ball, and have "everything" covered in your little place of Community Based Employment.

Oh, almost forgot, do you do your Payroll Weekly or Bi-Weekly to fit in with our Federal Government Pensions that your little "employee's" receive from Canberra, ACT. ?

MOYB  have a Good Payroll software program that you can link up to the ATO.   Easy peesey !!!!!

Message 5 of 37
Latest reply

sales down dramatically, woeful sales..lights aren't switched on as they say re: store switch off.. definitely a pattern.. we seem to sell same amount each month never over..very rare if that happens now..actually getting worse..and we've listed more items..china?..don't get us started..wishing their wall worked..they are smart they laugh at the rest of the world....

Message 6 of 37
Latest reply

everything above board   i manage the items they assemble  i get paid and  they get paid by a magor company . 

the best ladies in the south. 

Message 7 of 37
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

everything above board   i manage the items they assemble  i get paid and  they get paid by a magor company . 

the best ladies in the south. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Way to go joe, BUT, do you give your Team their Cuppa & Biko Break, who provides the milk & sugar ????

Or do you call that as an "absorbed overhead cost"  to your Management Structure ?

Gold Fridge Magnet  for joe, ...and all the "other" little "joe's" out there helping carry our Ecconomy into Surplus.

Message 8 of 37
Latest reply

in fact there are some i dont even see , just drop off and pick up once a week but its seasonal 5 months a year.  in fact there was 1 ladie i did not see for 3 years .  there is 1 leaving next year, so if you wanna join let me know  .

Message 9 of 37
Latest reply

I noticed something about search results recently, whether or not it's having any effect on sellers really depends on whether plural and singular versions are just as popular as each other when people use it as a keyword. I used to rely quite a bit on eBay's search results showing everything regardless of whether there was an 'S' or not... i.e. it meant I didn't have to waste title space typing both versions, eg silver charm charms). 

Before, if someone searched for silver charm, they used to get results with titles that used charm or charms, and vice versa, a search for charms would still show results with charm in the title, but now only titles with one or the other show up when I search. 

This also extended to other singular / plural variations that had more than an 'S' difference, too - eg butterfly vs butterflies.

Message 10 of 37
Latest reply