Is it possible to get compensation for unfair treatment by ebay?

My opinion is that ebay treats me unfairly ,what are my options to get compensation?

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Is it possible to get compensation for unfair treatment by ebay?

The thing is that it is an eBay forum where any member can voice an opinion.Whether you agree with it or not,but you do not get to choose how people reply.Jumping in to tell people that you don't like their reply is just as agressive as the comments that you were objecting to.

The O.P may learn from it that the standard of his replies to fb are just not on if nothing else.Why should people pussyfoot around that?

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

Okay got the picture now.  You and others are allowed to express your opinion, but I'm not - interesting!!

And I guess that 'jumping in to tell people that you don't like their reply is just as aggressive as the comments that you were objecting to' doesn't apply to you and your ilk.  'Cos I thought that was what you just did to me.

I haven't suggested that OP's FB comments were okay - just stated that YOU and OTHERS were not party to the sales, and have no idea of what the buyers were like.  I didn't think that would be a difficult concept to absorb.  Oh, well, wrong as usual!!

Have fun crucifying other sellers....you all seem to enjoy it.

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

I'm just making the point that there are mods & they didn't see fit to remove the other posts.If members with an enquiring mind seek to dig through to get a better picture of what may be happening then that's their option.The O.P did not come back to add anything but maybe he learned something from the thread.

No need to argue for the sake of it & I'm not so keen on the passive/agressive tone.

Do you have any advice for the O.P?

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

Narelle, there hasn't been any post on this thread that would give the mods any reason to remove it/them.

I certainly don't disagree with the 'enquiring minds', but I personally believe that an objective attitude could be taken.  No need for a negative one, as seems to be the norm here these days.

I'm not the one who has been arguing - I've just been stating a point, which still doesn't seem to be understood.  And gosh, I thought I put it in plain English.  

Never mind, some seem to spend their time reading between the lines, and not reading what was actually written.

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

Ok but often what is written isn't the whole story.I like the whole story,i like the truth & some valuable things have come from that on the boards.

Do you ever read a post that sounds terrible about a seller or buyer,people reply without looking any deeper,then the other side is shown & it reveals that the O.P (in general not just this 1) was in the wrong? It's not crucifying anyone as much as it is calling someone on their bs or wrondoing.

If there is a post from a buyer who has fb for others that has a history of many missing items,SNADS etc are you going to add advice to help them at face falue/what is written or go by the facts?

If a seller is leaving abusive fb for others are you going to say it's ok or point out that it's not on so that he/she might get a different viewpoint & change it?

If you take things at face value & what is written then you may miss something.That may be your approach & you are entitled to it.I don't dislike the softies who do not dig around,good for them for a different view.If others bring out the facts,there is value to that too.The forum is about different opinions & there is room for all of them.

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

5kazam wrote: 

With regard to what you consider to be the OP's inappropriae comments. I will repeat what I said above, that no-one knows what occurred between seller and buyer, and OP's comments may well have been appropriate to those particular buyers.  Not yours or anyone else's sale, so no one has any idea of what went on behind the scenes.

I agree kazam....none of us know what happened with the OP's transactions, but no matter what it was, I don't consider calling one buyer an idiot and saying another buyer has dementia is acceptable.   It does not matter what happened behind the scenes...the boardies can only see the OP's written words....and they ain't pretty.

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

I would call someone an idiot in feedback if it was justified. I wouldn't say someone has dementia though even if they did.

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

This will be a familiar story to anyone who has sold on eBay. You send the goods, the buyer disputes that the items are as desribed and puts in a claim to eBay. eBay rule in the buyer’s favour and requires a refund be supplied. The seller doesn’t get the goods back.

I would like to get sellers together to go to the ACCC to put a case againist eBay , the way eBay bully sellers and give away our products for free because buyers are using the eBay return policy to get free product , we can go into feedback left for others for the buyers that are using the system to get free product , if they don't get the product for free they leave negative feedback we all know what these buyers are doing , they bully the seller as well to get the product for free , I know its not many buyers that do this.

OR maybe ALL sellers can start a bad buyers list and we all block these buyers...

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

And this relates to alleged unfair treatment by eBay 4 years ago, how? No MBG back then.

Fyi, you cannot name and shame on the boards, so if you want to start a list for buyers specific to you (who would not necessarily be a problem for other sellers) you will find problem buyers to be the least of your problems.

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

I wish threads that were older than 12 months would be locked so people don't dig up necro discussions which have no relevance in 2018.

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply