Is my buyer lying? What should i do?

I sold an item to someone, and they said that the item thet got in the mail was damaged because i didn't package it safely eg.bubblewrap. However, the main thing is that, when i asked for pictures of damaged item. He stated "

No I will not go through all the hassle, do partial refund or pay return postage and I'll send it back"

What should i do, ask for photo's, make a partial refund, or report him to Ebay? Thanks.

(I think he is scamming/frauding me, to get the item cheaper because he made an offer to buy it in the first place)(all my other products sent out were not damaged, and the item i sent was sent in a small box but apparently still damaged)

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Tell him that you can't process a refund or return until you have seen photos. Tell him that you need them to show eBay to speed the return process up. You don't really need them for that purpose, but he doesn't have to know that! I would be suspicious of someone who refused to provide photos of alleged damage.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I'm kinda wondering if i should report him. I just asked Ebay for their suggestion.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

A waste of time.

By default, eBay will side with the buyer.

Go with tippy, and come back if you need further advice. Some of us have a lot more knowledge that card-reading people in Manila.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I would ask for a photo one more time. Perhaps suggest a phone pic is acceptable and that it can be attached to an eBay message. 

(So not a hassle...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Have they started a returns claim? If they have the option they choose will make a diference, or is it contact seller question.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

There is no way you can prove the item was not damaged and the burden of proof is on you, not the buyer unfortunately. If they are trying to scam you into letting them pay less you have to either agree or call their bluff. If you call their bluff and they have opened a dispute then send them a click & send label by email and say you will refund on receipt of the item back.  If they haven't opened a dispute and they are just after a cut price deal just tell them to go through the ebay dispute process so you can send them a return label then they will have to back down if they want to keep the item.

Totally no point in reporting it as a possible scam to ebay, ebay have no more reason to believe you than they do the buyer and suggesting it is a scam will not do you any favours in ebay's eyes.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply