Is the msg I sent enough

Buyer paid promptly for an item at night, I sent him a msg thanking him for his prompt payment and advised item would be posted the following day from my location.  Feedback was left at the same time.  I have tonight received a msg from him wanting to know if item has been posted.  Is the first msg enough or should I be confirming the following day item has been posted.  I personally just like to recieve a msg saying if or when item will be posted.  

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Is the msg I sent enough

I would reply to his message thanking him once again etc..

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Is the msg I sent enough

They may not have received your original message (the messaging system can be a bit glitchy), so I would just respond and confirm the item has been posted.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Is the msg I sent enough

boomct
Community Member

Definitely respond and confirm postage.  Perhaps the buyer wanted to confirm as they are wanting the item ASAP?  Sometimes a seller saying "I will post" is not quite as reassuring as "I have posted your item"!!  

More communication is much better than less, makes the buyer feel confident in their purchase and in the seller, especially when the buyer have requested contact themselves.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Is the msg I sent enough

agree, respond to him AND don't forget to mark the item as POSTED on your my eBay page/Sold Items list

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Is the msg I sent enough

If they are like me I never look at emails in my buyer account address. I just look at the icons on my ebay page to see when the seller posted if it is getting on for when I would have expected delivery.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Is the msg I sent enough

As others said, mark items as posted, that is where it matters.  Or even better post click&send and the items will be not only marked automatically, but the tracking number will be also inserted.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply