Is the new ?

Maybe I have missed something lately ? Just got an email from ebay saying that the Suggested Start price for an Item is between Blah$ >Blah$.  Is this new or have I missed something New & Vital from ebay ? 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Is the new ?

Hi Horizon,

I have had this ebay suggestion of what items should be listed at for the past 6 months.

It is a pain in the backside.  As if I care about what ebay suggests.  They just want a sale, and then cut our small profit margin, so they get the extra dollar!

It really is insulting!

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Is the new ?

Im getting emails from ebay telling me they have found items in my watch list at a cheaper price 0-o
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Is the new ?

@retrovintagecollectables3195 wrote:

Hi Horizon,

I have had this ebay suggestion of what items should be listed at for the past 6 months.

It is a pain in the backside.  As if I care about what ebay suggests.  They just want a sale, and then cut our small profit margin, so they get the extra dollar!

It really is insulting

Totally agree. If I sold at ebays recommended Start Price, I may as well give it away. ****er off ebay and fix YOUR OTHER BIGGER PROBLEMS up. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Is the new ?

I wasn't quite sure what you were talking about, but I just got an email for an ended item that was on its last relist and now I think I know what you're on about. Yesterday I noticed the item ended and auto relist emails had changed, appearance wise, and this one I just got suggested that I drop my start price to $XX before I relist it. Go jump eBay!

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Is the new ?

Not only do they tell you to drop your price, but they show you what other things have 'sold' for.  One of the 'sold' items is MY item that hasn't sold yet, but it just relisted and they're quoting the price that they're suggesting I sell it for.

What worries me is that one day they'll be stupid enough to change the prices without our permission!!  The higher my prices, the more I sell.  Cheap doesn't always get sales because people get suspicious and wonder what's wrong with it.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Is the new ?

I agree.

I found I can sell items within a week at four times the price of chinese sellers. Because no one wants to wait a month for an item that might not turn up!

Price isnt always dictated by what someone else is selling it for.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Is the new ?

I received an email last week from nuisancebay - telling me how to make my listings stand out & therefore more likely to sell.

Funny thing, I have not had anything listed since the last week in October last year, so how could I make my listings stand out better?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Is the new ?

@gtx305 wrote:

I agree.

I found I can sell items within a week at four times the price of chinese sellers. Because no one wants to wait a month for an item that might not turn up!

Price isnt always dictated by what someone else is selling it for.

Couldn't agree more! Most of my stuff came from China originally, or the US that was probably bought from China and have no problems selling it, even though it's sometimes 10 times more than what the Chinese might ask. I put it down to buyers not wanting to wait for it to arrive from China, if it even arrives at all. Some buyers search Australia only so don't see most of the Chinese listings.

A lot of my large letter type items I bought several years ago, but I'm sure most of them would still be available to buy from Asia. Some of the mineral specimens I'm selling, I bought 4 or 5 similar ones with the intention of picking the nicest ones for myself, then offloading the rest. Again, a lot of those can be bought much cheaper from overseas, but I think buyers have more trust in local sellers and are willing to pay a bit more for that bit of security.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply