Is there an easy way to report a message?

pnc75
Community Member

I've received a disturbing message in regard to some children's items. I would like to report it but can't find a quick link. Is there one or do I have to go through 'Help'?

I'm also considering forwarding it to child abuse squad, if I can find how to do that.  

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I think that in the past there was a report button in messages, but I am not sure. Anyway, looking at some of the messages I have received, there is a grey flag next to "move to". I don't want to click on it and see what happens (if anything happens at all) because I don't have issues with any messages, but I wonder if it some sort of "report" flag? I mean, you could try.

Otherwise do what Padi suggested.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

Thank you both, I'll give Padi's links a try.

I did try the grey flag. it just turned red and didn't seem to lead anywhere or do anything. So I unclicked it and then it turned grey again. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

So just to report back, I had to go to Chat. They took it very seriously and the account of the messenger will be investigated and monitored. Thanks again to all for your help. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

The flag is a standard email feature, although it doesn't get used that much. It is called "Flag for follow up" and is what it sounds like. It's just note to self indicator. You click it when you want to remind yourself that there is something about the message that you want to follow up on.

The person on the other end of the message doesn't get any kind of notification, and neither does eBay. Although if eBay are examining your messages, they can see the flags, but they have to go looking. This might be helpful if you are reporting something to them. A way to show them which messages to look at.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Oh, I see, it's like the star in Gmail...

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply