Is there an ebay black hole?

Not sure if it is just me, but at least once a month I experience 2 or 3 days of zero sales, zero visits etc. It's as though all my listings go into a black hole and I am not visible on ebay. 

Am I alone, is there something I am doing to contribute to this?

It is really frustrating...............................

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Is there an ebay black hole?

This is the second time I've noticed it happening and it seems to happen on weekends. I generally attribute the first one or two views to eBay staff checking the listing and this is the second time one of my listings has gone almost a day with not a single view.

I'm not sure how to combat this except to give your listing enough exposure time to pass the black hole.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

yes  im noticing too

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

same here this weekend, just some small cheap stuff

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

According to Ebay, no there isn't......

Despite the fact that even customers contact you to ask why you have zero listings showing.

Been very quiet for me this weekend as well.:-(

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Yes...very definitely seems to be something wrong.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

more_nawty_knights
Community Member

Seems to me like eBay may be pulling shifty to get back the 30 free listings.

To many people having the same problem to think otherwise.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I have no idea if it is ebay or not, however for the first time this week I had one (very good selling) listing vanish off the face of the earth. (or the first time I have noticed).

And I know there was plenty of stock of it listed because I'd only checked the day before (27 of that item in stock on ebay).

I couldn't find it anywhere and only noticed it was missing because I went to list something similar and was going to use it as a template....

It was even invisible in my own store.....

I don't think it is in ebay's interest to intentionally blackout some and not others, I think this must be some kind of glitch.

The item of mine that went missing is probably my best selling listing, but I didn't sell 27 in a 24 hour period.

I eventually found it by looking at my sold items and revising it from there, that worked and it was visible again within about 15 minutes, and fairly high up the search rankings where I'd expect to find it.

So who knows?

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

It does appear that way sometimes!!??:O

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

The common terminology is "rolling blackouts"

and they most certainly do happen.

With only so much bandwidth available, and millions of listings, there are times when none of your listings are visible to everyone (the days when regular customers ask why you have nothing in your store X-( ), days where some of your listings are visible to everyone, and days when all of your listings are visible to everyone.... I am absolutely sure of this.

I also think (but only have anecdotal proof) that there are times when only certain categories are visible, or when only certain states can see them. (this makes sense to me when suddenly every sale is to WA, or Qld, etc)

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply