Is there any benefit in NOT combining items on one PayPal invoice?

Hi guys. I have a question for sellers...I purchased two personalised birthday cards from one seller. I paid (after some dramas but that's a whole other PayPal thread in the buying section) them as two separate transactions at sellers request.

They were FREE POST so it. Ouldnt have been to avoid combining postage costs. I'm assuming she will post them together as she has written an email to me saying she has BOTH my orders & can I confirm SPELLING before she prints the order.

Anyway, I have no issue with paying two invoices but I thought it would save her some fees if it was on a single invoice? Is there a benefit to maintaining separate invoices? I'm just curious about it is all.

Cheers.
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Is there any benefit in NOT combining items on one PayPal invoice?

Normally, I wouldn't be able to see any benefit, but as they're custom items, it may have something to do with how the orders are processed, especially if the custom options are added as a message to seller during checkout - I imagine it would be a bit easier and faster knowing which message goes with what when everything is processed separately instead of working out codes and then applying the customisations. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

That would certainly make sense. Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I prefer combined as some banks will charge fees for over a certain amount of transactions. But that depends on ones own account. As well if I purchase 10 items from a seller, I don't want to be doing 10 payments.

I make sellers aware that fees are sometimes relevant if purchases are not combined for buyers.

image host
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply