Is there any way to compile listings to create a custom order for a buyer?

I quite often get buyers that wish to buy many items at once and are unable to go to the website to request an invoice in their shopping cart. Most buyers use the mobile app which doesn't allow this and refuse to head to the website instead.

I recently had a buyer buy 30 items at a reduced price and it was a very painful process of ending all the listings, creating a bulk listing with the agreed price and then an even longer process of organising all these items and their prices to reflect the reduced price in the customs forms. 

On top of this, I worry about the ways the buyer could raise objection with an item since all 30 listings were perfectly photographed with precise descriptions, etc, but then if I create one bulk listing, there's no way I can upload 30 photos or accurately describe the conditions of everything.

I really wish there was a way that I could simply select my listings, compile them into one order, change the price and shipping, and send the invoice off to the buyer WITHOUT them having to do any extra work.

I have buyers swear up and down that other sellers are able to do this for them easily where all the listings operate as if sold and where the buyer can leave seperate feedback for each instead of just once for a bulk listing.

Have any of you figured this out? As ending and creating a new listing creates so much more work for me when there really should be a more elegant solution.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As far as I know, you can only do what you described. Edit one listing to add all the items, and end the rest. If your items are buy it now, you can bulk end them in one go. If they are auction, they have to be ended one by one. 

To save someone else coming across your listing and think they have scored a bargain, work out a price with your buyer. Then put the listing up at say $10,000 with best offer available. Tell your buyer to put in the agreed amount into best offer and it's done and dusted. I did have it once where I created a listing for a particular buyer and someone jumped in within minutes of it going live.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

As far as I know, you can only do what you described. Edit one listing to add all the items, and end the rest. If your items are buy it now, you can bulk end them in one go. If they are auction, they have to be ended one by one. 

To save someone else coming across your listing and think they have scored a bargain, work out a price with your buyer. Then put the listing up at say $10,000 with best offer available. Tell your buyer to put in the agreed amount into best offer and it's done and dusted. I did have it once where I created a listing for a particular buyer and someone jumped in within minutes of it going live.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Maybe I have more trusting buyers, but I usually just put up a pretty pic of nothing in particular,  with the title 'Special offer for So and So'  (either their ID or first name).

In the body I put  'This is a special listing for So and So.  If this is not you, please don't purchase as it will end in a cancellation'.

No other pics or description as they know what they ordered.

Trusting on their part?  Maybe, but no complaints yet.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I use high BIN with MAO. Prevents gazumping as no auto-accept or -decline.

I don't reproduce the full listings for each item, and include the front cover pic of the ones that aren't the one I'm editing.

Works for me and my customers.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply