Is there no duty of care regarding sellers lives who are dependant on eBay

Not an Australian seller but this is happening over and over.I feel for them . Does eBay???

I have been with eBay for 14 years as a buyer and started selling on eBay about three years ago. I have a 100% feedback rating based on 1,068 transactions. My total sales showing on my "dashboard" is $190,816.00. In the 14 years I have been with eBay, I HAVE NEVER HAD ONE SINGLE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. I have always going out of my way to be a good buyer and a good seller. I have always let the Golden Rule be my guide.

During the month of June, we shipped 2 packages with UPS after printing our shipping labels on eBay and paying for the shipping through PayPal. Something went wrong at UPS. Their tracking system showed both shipments in transit and then for some reason they stopped moving. One was in Texas and the other was in Georgia. UPS undertook a search for the lost shipments and I stayed in constant contact with the buyers. Finally, one of the packages was located and delivered. To this day, the other package has not surfaced. Without being requested to do so, I made a full refund to the buyer. He left feedback for me stating "Buy from this man and make the world a better place". It did not matter to eBay that the mistake was made by UPS AND I DID NOTHING AT ALL WRONG. Because cases were opened, I was given 2 strikes.

There was third problem that same month that I take full responsibility for a package shipped in a thin envelope slipped behind the seat of the delivery person's car. When a case was opened, I offered a full refund and undertook a search for the missing package and found it. I expedited the shipping and a day later I had another happy buyer and my 3rd strike. Unlike strikes 1 & 2 that are UPS's responsibility, I take full responsibility for strike number 3. We made a mistake.

As a result of these three strikes, I am now considered a "substandard seller" by eBay and somehow they have caused all of my selling to stop. After 14 years with 100% feed back rating and $190,816.00 in sales I'm ruined as a seller on eBay. Even though I used UPS and printed my selling labels an eBay and UPS lost the packages, I'm blamed and punished. When I complained to eBay that UPS was one of their shippers and the shipping labels were printed on their site and paid for through eBay, it's still my fault. I was told that eBay provided three options. Fed-Ex, UPS & USPS. They went on to explain that I should have used Fed-Ex or USPS so it's my fault.

I haven't mentioned that I have been a major buyer on eBay for the entire 14 years spending well over a quarter of a million dollars. Why does eBay not value me as a customer? Why are they treating me unfairly after I have been loyal to them. $190,816.00 in sales with a 100% feedback rating on 1,068 transaction and now I'm a substandard seller?? They told me they are simply protecting their buyers and making sure they have s good experience shopping on eBay. What about me? What about my experience as both seller and a shopper on eBay? Take a look at my feedback and what everyone has said about me and my dealings with them. EBay is destroying my business because UPS made a mistake. EBAY IS CHEATING ME OUT OF SOMETHING I WORKED HARD FOR AND EARNED - A GOOD REPUTATION AS A EBAY USER. I FEEL SO CHEATED AND VIOLATED. WHAT CAN I DO? EBAY IS A GIANT AND I'M JUST A CUSTOMER THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT.

more.......http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/ebay_sellers.html

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

That's just wrong on so many levels. EBay just doesn't seem to get it. It's supposedly all about the buyers having a great buying experience, but if they continue to shaft their sellers, then the buyers WON'T have a great buying experience, because there will be no-one to buy from. It really is getting ridiculous.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If i had read this 2 weeks ago i would be shocked. Reading this today after everything that has occured is not a suprise at all. In fact, it has become the norm or expection.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Good luck in finding another selling platform..Many others would like to know a plan B as this is nothing compared to whats coming...Just check the US threads ...

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I dunno, why people keep pulling that feedback card. Almost all sellers have high ratings anyways. Pulling it out onto eBay is so pointless because it is pretty much saying.. "HEY LOOK AT ME. I AM A NORMAL AVERAGE PERSON LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!" SO I AM JUST PUTTING IT OUT THERE THAT I AM EXPENDABLE ANYWAYS"

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply