Is this new?

I bought an item from an overseas seller today, something I NEVER do, but in the usual Ebay glitchy way, this item came up in the list even though I had selected items in Australia only.  But I digress, when I was leaving feedback for another item that arrived today, I saw the overseas purchase in the awaiting feedback list and under the comment box was an information flag with this comment:

This international order may take longer to arrive and may cost more to post.

Is this new?  And if it is Ebay's way of warning buyers about the down side of buying form OS sellers, what is the point in having it on the feedback page?  I mean, its a bit late when they have already bought!

Cheers,

Penny
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Is this new?

No, not new, it's been there when I go to leave feedback for an OS purchase for as long as I can remember. 

eBay will only warn buyers prior to purchase in special circumstances, when there's going to be a delay in shipping (as opposed to delivery) from all sellers in a single location (or, in other words, I've only ever come across it when there's a Chinese national holiday that lasts for a few days or more - in that case I get the following warning on two separate pages before I can confirm the purchase)

second warning.JPG 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Is this new?

Thanks DG, seems a bit pointless though, after the fact.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Is this new?

I suppose it was implemented as something to take into account when leaving feedback and rating the stars, rather than when making a purchase decision - the ETA now (sort of) serves the purpose of giving ball-park delivery times before purchase, and I guess they kept that notice just in case someone forgot that it was coming from overseas 😄 , or thought it'd arrive just as quick as a domestic purchase... 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Is this new?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

As Digi says, it is not new.

I believe it was introduced on the feedback page when the star system was introduced as a way of alerting buyers to the fact that overseas purchases do in fact take longer to arrive and to take this into account when marking the postage star.

You can look at the item location before you buy to know where the item is coming from so I don't see how it is too late to also have the warning on the feedback page.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Is this new?

I see your point, just thought is was odd placement.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Is this new?

Well, that is funny. I have only just noticed it too when I went to leave feedback for my last OS purchase.

I honestly can't remember seeing that before. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply