Item Not Received dispute

Some advice please.

Buyer lodged "Item Not Received" dispute & I uploaded tracking number to the dispute & sent her an email stating it's still on the way.

It was delivered this morning & I sent another email stating item now delivered, please indicate receipt in dispute process.  It's now showing as delivered on her order details, but she has not updated details in the resolution centre.

Do I need to do anything else (original email told me I had until 9th to resolve the issue.  Is it now considered resolved by Ebay??

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Give her a few more hours.   She may not even be home from work.

Have you mentioned in the dispute that the tracking is showing as delivered?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal.

I did mention in dispute that tracking has now updated to delivered.

Ebay don't reply to any updates & I've read horror stories about if you ring Ebay they escalate & the seller always loses.

As tracking shows delivered, I'm not sure how this plays out & if buyer does nothing does it just lapse.  As they told me I had until 9th to resolve,  if I do nothing else do Ebay just resolve in buyers favour??

As you can see I'm totally confused!!!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

You should actually be able to escalate this one yourself without any issues, at least theoretically, since tracking has been uploaded to the dispute and it shows delivered. 

I understand not wanting to take the risk, but as a general rule it's typically when tracking doesn't show delivered, or in INAD disputes, that the seller should not escalate themselves. A call to ebay should see the dispute closed immediately in your favour (I have done this myself in the past in the same situation) - if you're worried, I'd use the call back option, or even chat, and just ask them what will happen now that tracking shows delivery.

If you or the buyer do nothing, the case will time out after around 30 days.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for that.

I've only ever had one other dispute & that time it showed delivered right from the start so Ebay did close in my favour, but because this was lodged so early & was still on the way when first opened, I just wasn't sure.  Ebay can be so unpredictable.

Thanks again, you're always extremely helpful when I have a problem.

Lynne

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Just a quick update - girded my loins & rang CS.

Explained case, she checked tracking, checked with the "claims team", put me through to someone there who checked everything again (for possibly the third time), agreed that it had been delivered today & finalised in my favour.

I still don't understand how the case was opened in the first place as it was only sold on Saturday, with an expected delivery date of 12 Aug - she was a\ble to open the item not received case on Tuesday 6th???

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Ebay are notorious for not following their own guidelines 😠

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply