Item Ranking No 1 but no sale? What happened, promoted listing or cloned listing?

Hi guys,

We have a listing being No 1 in the category for a few months now, for an average 3-4 per day.

But from last 3 weeks, it just stopped, at the moment it's dropped to 0-1 every 2-3 days.

We have a competitor used to sell 1-2 per day, not has picked up to 5-6 per day. 

Called ebay a few times to check but seems nothing wrong, but no one could explain the sudden sales drop, and when search, our listing is still on the top.

There were a few things happened 3 weeks ago we feel might triggered something, but not sure.

- Our listing was cloned by another seller twice. We reported to vero asked to remove twice

- We setup a codeless promotion, give a link to a buyer who asked bulk discount, we noticed the ad fee still applied on the codeless offer, called ebay got it credited

- During that time for wait for the credit, we cancel the promoted listing and put the ad back after 2 days. The sales got noticed start drop from the day the promotion is moved.

We called ebay after 1 weeks noticed the sudden drop, nothing seems wrong, but in the afternoon, we sold 3.

Then at the night time, we moved the 10% ad fee, back to 8% where it was, assumed it's back to normall, but after that dead again.

Not sure if anyone has faced the same issue before? 

It's really concern because this No 1 listing will soon lose the ranking, and ours and the competitior's listing both hasn't changed that much since day 1... really weird...

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Item Ranking No 1 but no sale? What happened, promoted listing or cloned listing?

Thinking about put all quantity to 0 and start again, not sure if it will help?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

You mentioned you cancelled the listing.

Did you have sales history on the listing that has now disappeared due to it being relisted ?

image host
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I cancelled the promoted listing, which is the ad for the listing.

Feels like if I don't pay ad fee, ebay pause your sale or something...
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Oh I see.

Sounds like the promotion really works and is probably visible in many other locations.

Hence a better turnover.

Normal eBay has died in the last 6-12 months from what I have read and from the lack of views and watchers I now get.

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I can confirm that I too have had a drastic and unexplained downturn since eBay's Promotional strategy was implemented and leads one to question whether there is something more untoward going on. I can definitely report eBay has a dysfunction with their new Promotional setup and I have brought it to their attention and have transcripts proving their acknowledgement of the issues.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply