Item condition description field

I want to do a listing and use the item condition field under "Used" to declare a flaw in the item.  I have never used this field before and thought the language in the field would disappear, but it doesn't.  No matter what I do, I can't work out how to get this blank field to insert an item condition statement.  Help!!

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When the condition description field opens up, there is no text in it at all, it is just a field with a faint outline.

You mentioned that you can't create your own item specifics either, so I'm wondering if you might be using the quick listing tool, which has some limited listing options. Look for a link that says something like 'Switch to advanced listing tool', sometimes - even if you are definitely on the quick lister - that link won't be there, but can usually be accessed by creating and submitting a listing, then going in to edit it afterwards. 

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I'm not sure I have completely understood what you mean.

I assume you're saying that the item is "new" but has a problem with it - and you want to include that in the condition description? 

The only options you can use from the condition drop-down list are "New" or "Used" - you can't select the "-"

If the item is new and has a flaw, it's best to still select the "NEW" option from the condition description drop-down list and just clearly note the flaws of the item in the listing description.

If the item is used and has a flaw, once you select "Used" from the drop-down list, you should then be able to type in the blank field whatever you need to regarding the condition. (image attached). 

Alternatively, under the "Item Specifics" section - you can click the link which says "Add your own item specific" and create a field called "Condition" and put your notes re the condition in there - and these will display at the top of your listing description. 

Hope this helps! :]

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

"If the item is used and has a flaw, once you select "Used" from the drop-down list, you should then be able to type in the blank field whatever you need to regarding the condition. (image attached). "

You have understood exactly what I meant - thank you!!  

After I select "Used" a field opens which says "Used: An item that has been previously used etc"  and it is here that I want to insert the statement, but no blank field opens up and I cannot work out how to get the field blank!!  I have tried deleting the text that is there which does not work but I cannot find a blank field as pictured in your image.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Bella - as the link shows - it is two separate fields.

Select - Used.

Then the box below to describe.

You can't get rid of their description - ie an item Bla Bla.

Otherwise select - New - but make sure in your description you describe acurately.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I know they're two separate fields - I just can't find this mystery "blank field".

No blank field opens below "Used" or "New" or any of the other descriptors.

I also can't find any create your own field in Item Specifics!!

Maybe it's an option for high volume sellers!!

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I'm def not a high volume seller

You don't get a 'bubble' that says

Used
An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

and below that an empty box that says 

Condition description 

Highlight any defects, missing parts, scratches or wear and tear also described in your item description.
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Here is what my screenshot looks like on starting a new sell.  

Condition

Used

Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

[No blank field]

Photos

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I'm a bit further down the road with this because when you change the category of a product you get a different screen. 

So, what category were you in when you did the image of Condition - Condition Description?

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

I've had that on all I've sold under (pretty much about everything except cars and real estate)

I've listed under music/books/toys/makeup/sporting goods and such

Only other thing I can think of, *IF* you use IE s a browser, or a smart phone, that might give issues. I've only used Chrome on a laptop so I'm not sure what pages lokk like on other browsers/mobile

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

I only use Chrome and only do ebay business on my laptop.

I don't know what the problem is, but I'll keep working on it.

Thanks for your help!

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply