Item condition description field

I want to do a listing and use the item condition field under "Used" to declare a flaw in the item.  I have never used this field before and thought the language in the field would disappear, but it doesn't.  No matter what I do, I can't work out how to get this blank field to insert an item condition statement.  Help!!

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Item condition description field

Sorry I could'nt be more helpful, good luck with it Cat Happy

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

In some categories the 'bubble' which describes what the option means is rather large and obscures the input field,, there is a cross top right to close it and the blank field appears from underneath. Could this be your problem?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

When the condition description field opens up, there is no text in it at all, it is just a field with a faint outline.

You mentioned that you can't create your own item specifics either, so I'm wondering if you might be using the quick listing tool, which has some limited listing options. Look for a link that says something like 'Switch to advanced listing tool', sometimes - even if you are definitely on the quick lister - that link won't be there, but can usually be accessed by creating and submitting a listing, then going in to edit it afterwards. 

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

This is the motherlode!!!!!

Obviously, I have always used the quick listing tool, and whenever I clicked on "switch to advanced tool" it says "for high volume sellers".

But this is the key to my problems relating to:

1.   Item Condition; and

2.   Item Specifics.

Thanks all!!

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Just a postscript!!

I much prefer the simple quick listing tool to the advanced listing tool, which is far more complicated, so I'll be reverting to it and only use the advanced listing tool on very rare occasions!

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

great solve DG! :]

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

That condition description box isn't available in all categories. I have a few jewellery items listed and they have the box, but my other collectables don't.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply