Item held in US customs

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask if anyone can advise as what I should do in this situation. I sold an expensive bag in late March

and insured it for the selling price ($1500) and sent it to the United States. It arrived in the US on April 2, 2015 and 

now its held in customs till now. The buyer has now opened an case and it is ending at 19th of April, which she will

get a refund. Should I try to call customs in the US and try to get the bag back? or go to the post office and claim 

the insurance? 

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Item held in US customs

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is probably being held in Customs until the buyer pays the import charges......I believe they are pretty high in the USA.

It is not your responsibility....the buyer is responsible for all Customs charges at their end.

Ring ebay/paypal and tell them that the item is being held in Customs.  The buyer really should not get a refund in these circumstances.

As far as I know, if the buyer does not pay the charges the item will be returned to you eventually.  I doubt that you could claim on insurance yet as the bag is not missing...you know exactly where it is and so does AP.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply