Item not received dispute

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

just want to complain about ebay's and paypal on how easy it is for buyers to steal from seller's. The Item Not Recieved Dispute has become a scam now and so many buyers are scamming to get a refund. I posted to someone in Canada and with in a few day of posting, The buyer opened a Item Not Recieved Dispute and within 10 days the buyer got his payment back and kept the item i sent. It took me 2 months to get the proof from Canada Post that the item was delivered and then i had to get The ACCC and The Banking Ombudsman to force paypal to return my payment. And paypal had the balls to tell me they made a One Off Payment to me with the kindness of their hearts. THEY HAD TO REFUND ME BECAUSE THE OMBUDSMAN TOLD THEY TOO! I'm quiting eBay because I've had so many scambags rip me off, I've had enouch of it. Ever after proving the buyer scammed me The buyer it still on eBay buyer from other sellers and most likely ripping them off too. Just by checking the feedback he's left for others, You can see he's done it many times before. So now an other honest seller is leaving eBay because eBay won't do anything about buyers that are scammers.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

If you think you have sufficient evidence that this buyer is a repeat scammer the gather it all together and present a formal case to The ACORN. This is the federal police and if they think it's strong enough theywill pass it to the RCMP. Worth a try if you are convinced tthe buyer is doing this frequently.
You might also consider contacting the other sellers to see if you can gather any more evidence.
Good luck with it.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I,ve only found one effective way to handle these claims.     Bend over and grimmace......:.......Smiley Frustrated

Item not recieved cases for untracked items are becoming very prevelant on ebay as more buyers wake up to the fact that all they have to do is claim the item did not arrive and they get it for free everytime. I suspect ebay want everything sent with tracking and allowing questionable item not recieved claims to be succesful is one way to force the issue.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

yeah i did contact a few of the seller he left negative feedback too, Most of them had similar stories to tell me. But you'd think eBay and paypal could just look at their records and see how many times this guy has opened disputes. It's too much stress. I've had enough of it. lol.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I always send my items registered with tracking and sign on delivery, But some countries don't have online tracking info anymore. It's takes so long to get proof item has been delivered, In the end i do prove item is delivered. But it's all the paper work and emails back and forth and sort things out with help from the ACCC and Ombudsman and paypal holding payment for so long.  It's too stressful. Don't need that stress anymore. lol.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@the_queen_of_the_nile wrote:

I always send my items registered with tracking and sign on delivery, But some countries don't have online tracking info anymore. It's takes so long to get proof item has been delivered, In the end i do prove item is delivered. But it's all the paper work and emails back and forth and sort things out with help from the ACCC and Ombudsman and paypal holding payment for so long.  It's too stressful. Don't need that stress anymore. lol.

The way ebay is at the moment, I sure would not be selling overseas if this is happening to you a fair bit in whatever line you sell.

You don't need the extra aggravation.

I would say it should be easier selling to Aust only as at least delvery would be more timely and with signed delivery you would have proof of delivery, usually before they could open a case.

Chameleon said.

Item not recieved cases for untracked items are becoming very prevelant on ebay as more buyers wake up to the fact that all they have to do is claim the item did not arrive and they get it for free everytime. I suspect ebay want everything sent with tracking and allowing questionable item not recieved claims to be succesful is one way to force the issue.

Bet that is right. The thing is, it is not usually ebay's money that gets lost, it is the seller's.

If you are at all interested in selling, maybe you could just try out selling strictly to Australia only and see how you go.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

i had enough of all of ebay and paypal making new  rules every 2nd day lol., They made it too easy for dishonest buyer's. I've been selling on ebay for 13 years, Had a really good run with ebay. But it's not like it use to be. Time to try something new. lol. I just wanted to have my last Howl about ebay and let other sellers know what's going on. Thanks to all your replies.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply