Item paid through paypal but no email and no transaction on Paypal

Hi guys,

I have never seen it before or at least I have never noticed anything like this before. I sold an item today at 5am which sems to be marked as payment received on ebay and it even shows a Paypal transaction ID on ebay. However I have not received any email from Paypal about the payment and I cannot see this transaction on my paypal account.

If I try to search for the same trasaction ID on paypal nothing can be found,. If I click on Payment details on ebay it shows me a paypal page that says it is ok to ship but when I go to may paypal activity pages it is not there at all. So at this point it looks to me that both paypal and ebay tell me it is paid without even adding this payment to my paypal balance. 

I will cal Paypal tomorrow but just want to ask here has anybody seen anything like this?

If it is not the first time and it can happen sometime it means that we as sellers are not getting paid and just tricked by paypal/ebay that we are.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I have noticed sometimes that there is a time delay, between eBay & PayPal 'talking' to each other......try again later
Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
I have noticed sometimes that there is a time delay, between eBay & PayPal 'talking' to each other......try again later

I have thought about it too but it is 6 hours already since it is sold and my paypal account is set to the right timezone. So it should be there as it usually happens.

I hope it is just a bug with time but what if it is not. It makes one wonder  how many payments have not been credited to my paypal account in the past because of it.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

I only send item once the confirmation email has been received, where you can 'trace' details
Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

I seem to remember an issue with several folks on here (a couple of months back) they'd get an email to say payment had been made to paypal BUT the amount was not actually credited to their paypal at all. I wonder if it is a similar sort of glitch? 

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

You could try depositing or withdrawing, to see if that 'tweeks' it...
Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Give Pay Pal a call and let them confirm payment

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

ive sold 2 items today and payments have shown within minutes of sales, no problems

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Just sold another item and the buyer has paid straight away. I can see this payment in my paypal account and I have received an email from Paypal abpit the payment.

So I guess something went wrong with early morning transaction and that payment did not get through at all. Then it looks like a big security problem because paypal has told ebay that it has been paid. The buyer seems to use a guest express checkout and probably paid with their credit card. It seems they did not even care to check if money could be taken from that card and just told ebay it was sucessfull.

What bad services these two companies  are running and how much money me and other sellers have lost because of it is a mistery.

I only noticed it because it was the only item sold today in the morning and  there was no email from Paypal. Also I am using a bookeeping cloud service that pulls all payments from Paypal into accounting software and there is no payment for that purchase.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

It's not an echeque is it?

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply