Item return time limit

Hi all, could somebody please confirm the time limit for the return of an item once an ebay case is opened? I am getting several conflicting answers from different ebay reps by phone. Answers I'm getting are all over the place.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Item return time limit

When I had to return an item I had 10 days and then the seller had 6 days to refund me.

There should be no conflict as it should show you the dates on the case 

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Item return time limit

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

When I had to return an item I had 10 days and then the seller had 6 days to refund me.

There should be no conflict as it should show you the dates on the case 

Yea but eezi - they did say ' answers from different ebay reps by phone ' so conflict should not be a suprise ! 

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Item return time limit

But you don't need to ask CS as all the dates should be within the case at hand.

Unless OP hasn't opened or had any cases at this stage and wants to just find out about it,then yes CS will have a conflict lol.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Item return time limit

This is the case details.  Buyer requested refund on 28th July. I accidently accepted the return  so sent postal voucher.

Buyer failed to return item and failed to reply to communication.

I opened a case on the 10thAug, which ebay said would expire on 19th Aug if return wasn't acted upon.

Just after 9.00am Sunday 20th Aug I got an email from ebay stating the case was now closed, and funds were released.

At around midday the same day, I got another email from ebay saying the case was on hold.

I phoned them and was told they made an error and the buyer now had another 5 days to do the return, which will now expire next Friday.      I just wish sellers would get as many get out of jail cards as this buyer got .It  appears ebay is downright intent on getting this buyer off the hook.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Item return time limit

It's possible with the amount of glitches on the site, the buyer has contacted eBay saying they haven't been able to action the next step in the case then been given an extension.

image host
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Item return time limit

imastawka
Honored Contributor

OP, please stop opening new threads on the same problem.

This makes it about 4 threads now.  It's hard for members to understand what's going on.

I don't even think you ae checking the answers on any previous threads.

On the last thread, I advised you to take the matter to ebay's Facebook page.

Some people have gotten quick results that way.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Item return time limit

Hi, yes, possibly, I just wish I had received the same level of help that they are extending to the buyer. When I went into the reply to the return request, and the accept button is already checked, I then went to the next page, too late, return accepted, send a postal voucher. I called ebay straight away and was told, too bad, my error, must live with it. But, a system error at their end has a whole different meaning it appears.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Item return time limit

Sorry, I do read all replies, I thought the issue had taken a different direction, hense the different posts. My apologies, poit taken onboard.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Item return time limit

Hi all, as stated earlier, this case was supposed to expire today if the item hadn't been returned, or at least the buyer replying to ebay's requests. Needless to say, nothing returned, and no contact made. So, today being the day of reckoning, I called ebay to confirm the closing date, today, but was told lo and behold that they have given him another 5 days grace to comply. I made my point in no uncertain terms that a supervisor informed me last Sunday that it was only 5 further days from that day, not another ten days. No amount of debating the issue today got me anywhere, even requesting that ebay dig up the record of the conversation with the supervisor, but that went nowhere also. It was like a recorded message being played, talking to the ebay rep on the phone. I politely terminated the call after telling them that it was getting nowhere. I just cannot believe the distance ebay will go to burn a seller, especially when the buyer drops the case and is obviously not interested.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply