Item sold dropped off for Sendle collection still not picked up after 2 weeks

Has anyone else had an issue with Sendle (using CouriersPlease) not picking up their packages? I sold an item on 7th Dec and packaged and dropped off to one of local Sendle Drop-Off locations that afternoon. Two weeks later it (along with other Sendle parcels) has not been collected from the newsagent that was the drop-off collection point. I have raised the issue 3 times with Sendle and once with CouriersPlease but still no action has been taken to get the parcel moving. Sendle last changed tracking info to 'Delayed in transit

We’re still working on getting your parcel moving – it’ll be on its way soon" on 14th Dec.

As a once-in-awhile seller I am not getting paid until delivery so am out a bit of cash before xmas. Needless to say I am not happy, and neither is my buyer. Any idea what other actions I can take other than retrieving and posting through AustPost myself?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sendle are the pits. I really don't know why anybody uses them for the sake of saving a few $$$.

They're like a middle man who uses the cheapest couriers they can find for the job and they have a terrible reputation.

If possible, I would go and collect that parcel and send it with Aus Post.

See if you can cancel the Sendle label, but if not, I would wear the cost, and never use Sendle again.

From looking at the postage of the item you sold, you already charged the buyer $9.70 to send with Aus Post, so why didn't you just do that? Your buyer would have had it by now, most likely.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

As said I am a low sales person, I just followed the bouncing eBay ball when loading the sale not knowing of issues with any courier. I will not fall into this trap again.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I would definitely go and get it from the newsagent and post with AP. That's ridiculous that it's sat their for 2 weeks. Hopefully you have an understanding buyer! Sadly, it won't arrive before Christmas now, but maybe as a gesture of goodwill, post it express if they live interstate.

I would also see if you can cancel the Sendle label. I've never used them, so not sure if there is a time limit for cancelling.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I had a similar problem.  Dropped a parcel off at a hub, then I was away for 2 weeks. Checked tracking whilst I was away and parcel was not picked up. When I return parcel was still at the drop off hub. I took the parcel back. The guy at the hub said he had some parcels that were sitting there for 2 months.

took the parcel to another hub and the guy there said he had the same problem. One of the drivers actually stopped at the hub to get a bottle of water and the service guy told him there were parcels there to be picked. The driver then replied I only stopped to get a drink.  It was only when the hub guy insisted the driver take the parcels.  

i decided not leave my parcel there, took it home and sent it via Aust Post.

ive found Sendle to be hit and miss but generally if I book a pick up there’s rarely been any issues of late with the deliveries.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Yikes. We are no longer using Sendle after a drop off point had not scanned or sent three parcels at the beginning of December 2022.  The three parcels are still in the 'ether' or perhaps someone else's hands by now - and the Sendle drop off point suddenly went out of business.

As a seller of many items (100 over recent three months) with Ebay serving us well, we did the right thing and approached Sendle who have no intention of taking any responsibility because the items were not scanned at the drop off point. Poor practice that Sendle do not accept any responsibility at all for 'bad' agents!!    We are of course refunding buyers.

On the other hand, every item sent through Australia Post has been sent into transit almost immediately and all Australian buyers have received items within a week (mostly a couple pf days).

And, we have spent some time trying to figure out how to get the message through to Ebay but to no avail. 

Any clues out there (even an eBay employee comment would be good)

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

eBay employees do not post on (or probably read) the boards.

If eBay have an agreement with Sendle, then they aren't going to pay attention to seller complaints.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Just a personal opinion here but any seller who has "standard postage" showing as the delivery method and ships via Sendle would get an immediate Neg from me.

They are not a courier company but a Broker as has been mentioned on these boards many times.  They go with the cheapest, thats how they make money.  I have read so many negative posts regarding Sendle just lately that it is amazing.  True some people obviously have positive experiences with them but many more complain than praise.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply