Just a rant but geeezzz…..

Had a buyer want to purchase an item and asked for best price. I gave discounted price from listing price, BIN aside.  Listing clearly states cash on pick up. So buyer pays via other means.

I then get 5 harassing messages saying I’ve paid, need pick up now. Then another message, I send you 3 messages you not reply.  I replied, when I charged my phone as it had gone flat whilst I was out, explaining my phone went flat and that he needs to pay cash so I will refund and he can pay cash on pick. 

his reply, I already paid, want to pick up.

I replied, I have refunded and if you want item you need to pay cash when picking up. Also politely suggested reading listings properly.

3 more messages « send me address »

I had to go out and pick up my daughter from sport, and I get 3 more harassing messages, one of which said I’m reporting you to eBay for bad service.  

All up 15 messages all in the  space of 2.5 hrs! I don’t sit waiting for emails but try and reply as quickly as possible.  I feel a negative coming on!

Rant over 😔😔😔

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Cancel and block. If neg fb is unjustified, it will be removed by eBay.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

All up 15 messages all in the  space of 2.5 hrs! I don’t sit waiting for emails but try and reply as quickly as possible.  I feel a negative coming on!

I hope not, but if you do I would contact ebay & cite 'unreasonable expectations'....Good Luck!

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

What sort of fb has this person left for other sellers?

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

He’s a newbie with feedback score of 1. Hasn’t left any feedback for anyone.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

We have known you for many years here and I have also purchased from you.

You provide excellent products and service so anyone thinking to the contrary is simply not being reasonable IMO.

As suggested, block and move on. A good chance the feedback, if a neg, will be removable. 

image host
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

@justkidzbiz wrote:

He’s a newbie with feedback score of 1. Hasn’t left any feedback for anyone.

He might be a scammer or just an extremely difficult person (a message every 10 minutes on average is quite revealing). The item he bought is something that a difficult person might find all sorts of faults with - the chair does not vibrate correctly, his back did not improve or even got worse...

If you really want to sell, make him (or her) try the chair and make sure he is satisfied and signs he got the chair and it is working, but if I were you, I would cancel...

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Gee I hate people who expect sellers to be on their phone 24/7 & responding to messages instantly. I bet it is a one way street and they wouldn't be like that if selling.

As you know, this is a difficult customer. Even given the guy paid immediately, no normal buyer would necessarily expect to have the address and pickup arranged within the hour. This person is all about themselves and what suits them. Just the fact they offered you less than the advertised price showed a sense of entitlement.

I think it is possible they overlooked the cash only bit in the flurry of negotiating down or else felt that (like the price), terms in the ad were optional.

I could be wrong here though but I was under the impression sellers had to offer buyers a payment method other than just cash. That a paypal payment, although annoying, would be perfectly 'legal' ebay wise.

If that is the case, there is a possibility ebay may leave any negative stand, although you could always contact ebay and say you cancelled because of harrassment as they were accusing you of being a bad seller within a couple of hours, all because pickup was not possible in that time frame.

If you do need to contact ebay, I'd be stressing that point, that they didn't allow time to arrange pick up, rather than just saying you wanted cash.

If the worst came to the worst and firstly the buyer gave a neg (which may not happen) and then ebay refused to remove it (which may not happen), then what I would do in your shoes is reply politely and explain you had 15 messages in the 2.5 hours after a pick up sale, demanding immediate pick up with no attempt to arrange a mutually agreeable time.

Not all buyers check feedback for starters and for those who do, if they can see a buyer has been unreasonable, they will disregard it. Your other feedback record is good enough to stand up to one wacky neg, should you get it.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Not being a seller, I have just checked this page: Offering local pickup | eBay. There should be an option "Pay on pickup". I guess PayPal can be accepted too, but is probably not a must for pickup. Once I bought from a local seller and did use PayPal, as she said it was OK, and even came close to me to make it easier for me. Lovely seller.

If they were able to pay, PayPal must have been enabled though.

If you do go ahead with the sale, make sure you have a proof that the item has been picked up (like a QR code), or the buyer could claim the item has never been sent.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Definitely cancel and block this buyer - it will not end well if they are this demanding even before pick up.

I'm pretty sure if you cancel, they cannot leave feedback. I've cancelled a few in my time and have never had feedback issues.

Also, not sure if you're aware - if a future buyer does pay with Paypal for a pickup item, they are meant to be sent a QR code as well as a digit code in an email from Ebay. When they come to pick up, you are supposed to use the Ebay app on your phone to enter/scan the information and which will serve as confirmation. Do not let an item go without having this info - and even remind buyers of this before they come through.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply