Kudos to Australia Post and Ebay

Credit where credit is due, Aus Post have been excellent the last couple of weeks with getting my packages to there destination on time and in record time, so thank you Australia Post.

A big thanks to Ebay as well, i've had a very good 2 months, i know theres a couple of strikes coming, but................................... we'll worry about them when and if they come, so thank you Ebay for your good work of late.Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Same! I've been very impressed with the speed of deliveries. The items I posted on Monday, I knew one would be delivered before Christmas, out of 5, but I just checked the tracking and it looks like only 1 isn't going to make it! I'll check them again tomorrow and any that aren't delivered I'll send a message to saying it could be another week or so due to all the public holidays.

It's looking like all the SA ones are going to arrive in 3 days from postage, from rural NSW. They can take 2 weeks normally. I didn't sign any air declarations either, so they've really pulled their fingers out. Just a shame it will be back to normal after new year 😞

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Lol, yes it is ashame it will revert back too the old days. Smiley Tongue

All my package have arrived and no buyer complaints.

So far. Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Sorry I can't share your enthusiasm because I haven't that experience with Australia Post.

My items have been taking inordinant amounts of time to arrive, especially if they have to travel across the country to WA.

Even within the same state packages have been taking (in some cases) nearly 2 weeks to be delivered. One recipient of one of my sale items only lives a couple of suburbs away. She waited for her item for 10 days !!

Luckily, buyers are mostly as aware as we are of the vagueries of the postage system at this time of year. Some have even requested that I delay postage until the Xmas / New Year madness is past. I am very happy to do that of course.

Glad to hear that my experience is not the case for everyone !!

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@bettyboopsadaisy wrote:

Sorry I can't share your enthusiasm because I haven't that experience with Australia Post.

My items have been taking inordinant amounts of time to arrive, especially if they have to travel across the country to WA.

Even within the same state packages have been taking (in some cases) nearly 2 weeks to be delivered. One recipient of one of my sale items only lives a couple of suburbs away. She waited for her item for 10 days !!

Luckily, buyers are mostly as aware as we are of the vagueries of the postage system at this time of year. Some have even requested that I delay postage until the Xmas / New Year madness is past. I am very happy to do that of course.

Just be careful if those items you are holding off are sent with tracking. If they arrive after the estimate, eBay will auto defect you, even when the buyer doesn't. If it's still within your handling time, mark them as posted and let the buyer know that while they are marked as posted, you will still hold off until the madness is over.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@bettyboopsadaisy wrote:

So sorry to hear that, i can only go on my personal experience and Aus Post have been execptional.

I have in the past attacked Aus Post for there tardiness, but happy to give credit when deserved.

I hope all your packages get delivered without to much fuss.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, it looks like AP have pulled their finger out in the last few weeks.

I now see Sat and Sunday deliveries.

My personal opinion is that AP should be a 24/7/365 organisation.

Much more efficient (and possibly cheaper) keeping post and parcels in constant flowing movement rather than this buildup then catchup situation caused by weekends and public holidays.

AP needs to get over the 1950's business model. We now work and live in a fast moving 24/7 society.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I've had good luck too, even to WA from VIC which is highly unusual. This should be their standard level, not their once a year push (followed by a nice long mandated break).

Outside of ebay, I mailed a box of cookies to my Pa worried they'd melt in the heat, only rural Vic to Melb but who knows at Xmas.... but I posted them at 2pm and they arrived 7am next day. That's never happened before.

Will be a big come down when it goes back to normal Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I received a 5kg satchel posted in Adelaide on Monday afternoon...it arrived in Sydney early on Thursday.

It is usually 4 full days so I was happy.  It was the same last Christmas too.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for the 'thumbs up' on that ! It never occurred to me that this could happen. I can see your point. Ebay are good at lording it over us, even when we have a good understanding with our buyers !

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply