LISTINGS BEING ADDED TO FREE ALLOWANCE BEFORE THEY EXPIRE

Hi everybody, just a warning to keep check on your free listings count which started again today 1 August.

I've listed 30 & my count is showing 37.  Some of the item numbers that I checked are still current.

Rang Ebay & was told it was a known fault & they're fixing it - they'll credit my faulty extras when my 1500 are used up.  So now I have to keep count to know how many have been used incorrectly, as relying on the automated counter is not an option until it's fixed.

Hope this helps.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Quite a few that went through late last month are going through early this month. presumably to realign with the initial listing date.

So rather than us getting a 'free' month for those that slipped into the backend of a month with 30 day cycles, they seem to have decided to relist in (in one case of mine) 3 days. It would only take about six years to get that back.

Luckily I got the unlimited freebie promo from 31 July to August 6. Maybe that is why it was offered.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I don't think that's the case with mine, as they haven't relisted even though the item number shows up in the free relist count.  They still have various times until they relist ranging from 5 days to 10 days.

It's annoying because I'm due to put my shop on holidays for a month & won't be in a position to keep track of my free auto relists.

Such is life on Ebay!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I know that this thread is 2 weeks old, but I'm just wondering if it's still happening, as I have items ending over the next couple of days and wonder if I should end them now.

I'm reluctant to rely on ebay having fixed the problem!.

TIA. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

My counter says I've used 170 but when I click on the number (170) it shows "1-100 of 189". By my reckoning I should have used 192. I may have lost count but not by that much - can't be bothered counting them again.

I didn't bother checking the item numbers either.

Oops, refreshed my overview page and it's showing 189.  A few rolled over since I opened that page this morning. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, still happening as far as I can calculate.  But I've put my shop in holiday mode as I'm away, so I can't keep count since Sunday.  EBay's advice when I rang was to contact them when my free 1500 ran out & they would re- credit the errors.

It seems to be very hit & miss to me.  I'm waiting to see what happens next month, as that's when I'm back & will be able to keep track of the numbers.

Sorry I can't be more help now.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply