LOST PARCEL's

i have bought 2 items from a seller 3 days apart... they sent them at the same time but different packages.... i should of received them by now... i think its weird that both packages have gone missing.... auspost you sux.... im now down $47

rant over

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: LOST PARCEL's

you don't say whether this was an overseas or local transaction but ask the seller for the tracking number.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

bought local (n.s.w) and no tracking number given

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

So why don't you ask the seller for the tracking numbers?

If actually posted, that shouldn't be a problem for them to provide, as you state they were parcels, not letters.

If it is a problem for the seller to provide, then I'd be looking at an Item Not Received situation.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Have you checked that the parcels are not waiting for you at your PO?  were they sent with AP?  Many sellers use couriers.    I would give it few more days, then openINR case, and PP will refund you.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Have you contacted the seller - that is the first thing you should do before anything else.

If it is the two lots of coins you purchased the sellers feedback isn't showing any problems from other buyers for not receiving parcels so they are most likely delayed by Australia Post. If they go through the Chullora centre there can be be huge delays with parcels going through there and it can take a couple of weeks for parcels to go from one side of Sydney to the other.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Edited to add - jen beat me to it by 30 seconds. Smiley Very Happy

Just a couple of things, particularly as both buyer and seller are in NSW - if your packages land in the Chullora sorting facility, delays aren't uncommon unfortunately, that's currently akin to the package stopping off at the fairground for a ride on a merry-go-round, some of them have so much fun they go 'round in circles for days with nary a postcard to be seen (i.e. the sorting machine is problematic, and packages sometimes get bandied about between facilities), so they could be on their way, still. 

The other thing is, not all parcels via Australia Post will have a tracking number. Anything sent through eParcel, or with their standard services, will, but there are sellers on contract rates that do not get tracking as standard.

Do contact the seller, though. They should be able to assist you. If not, then I would consider the dispute route. 

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

If the items are, as suggested, coins, they may have been sent at letter rate which doesn't have tracking,

Seller won't win a case for item not received, if that is accurate.

Not worth waiting too long, I had a buyer who willing waited a month (their choice, they really wanted the item they purchased), but item never arrived (large letter rate). Lost in post, never returned to sender.. what happens to these items?. It was low value and not 'steal' worthy.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

If the items are, as suggested, coins, they may have been seen at letter rate which doesn't have tracking,

Seller won't win a case for item not received, if that is accurate.

If the seller complied with Aus Post's regulations, they would have been sent registered if sent as a letter. 

We really should start with how the seller can help the buyer, rather than whether or not the seller will lose a dispute. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Registered letter? Does that count for anything when an item not is received and a case opened (no tracking)?

Don't know yet whether buyer/opening poster has asked the seller for a tracking number. If there isn't one, the seller may oblige and refund or not, then a case could be opened (buyer most likely win that and hasn't lost their $47).

im now down $47

I was trying to give the buyer some good news that they haven't necessarily lost their money. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply