Labellers

Hi sellers. Just wondering how many of you print your own labels and/or use a labelling machine/thingy? Is it cost effective to buy a small label-printing device for a small seller?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Labellers

I print the labels directly from Selling Manager. Then use a bit of packing tape over the top.

I print the combined Address Label + Packing Slip onto A4, and take it to my eBay packing area. I cut the label off, write a thank you on the docket, then pack the item. Last thing is to stick the label on, so I know it's all completed.

I've tried other methods, but that seems to work best for me.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Before the advent of click & send I used a Dymo label printer, now nearly all my labels are generated through C&S. I purchased my first Dymo on sale and then when it was no longer compatible with the latest Windows OS I sold it on ebay for enough to purchase a brand new one lol.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks guys. I printed some labels on the weekend and used the first one today. Selling Manager does print good labels and the size was just right to use. If I start selling more and it's feesable, I might invest in a small label printer that (ideally) has adhesive at the back so it's just a matter of peeling it off and stickying it on. Not sure how much they cost though. Stickying with stickytape is easy though and the friendly post office guy checks that it's rain protective too.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I bought a Dymo Labelwriter 400 when I first set up my website and must say I find it invaluable.

I have my return address set on the the label software and simply copy and paste the address from the Paypal advice and click print and it prints a label with my return address details on it.

I was buying the original Dymo labels for an arm and a leg but now buy the compatible ones from other ebay sellers. As it is a thermal printer it doesn't need any ink so is quite cost effective.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Hi, I use a brother QL-570 labeller and love it . It has made my life so much easier. I copy all addresses from paypal confirmation emails straight in the brother software and print. I also use it to print my return address labels which goes on all parcels.

There are a variety of size labels you can choose to use with it. It's worth every penny.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I bought my trusty Dymo laberwriter 330 a couple of years ago and it has never skipped a beat and I print about 30 labels per day.

Best $50 I ever spent for my business. (bought one second hand off ebay but you can buy the new model for around $100). Highly recommend you get one, it is so much easier than printing the address on a sheet or handwriting it because you can print off a single label as soon asan order comes in.

I buy my labels in bulk for the machine and they work out at around 1c per label. Remember that they are thermal so they never need any ink or any maintenance at all. Just keep the label rolls up to it and its happy.

I was only a small seller when I bought the machine and it was still cost effective just for the time saved alone.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I print about 10-15 labels each day.  I simply cut & paste address details into a word label template and print all at once onto an a4 avery label sheet (16 labels per page).

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I also use the Brother QL,  makes printing labels very quick and easy.:-)

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply