Late Shipping Defects

I have tried on multiple occasions to get 4 late shipping defects, which were not shipped late, removed from my store. I have been told several times they cannot be removed because they are outside 90 days. Now I am being told that they are tagged late because of when they were scanned by the postal service? I try my best to dispatch and upload tracking details according to the ebay send-by date and time as specified on the ebay order details for each sale. The order details send-by gives a date and a time to send by, and clearly states  " Make sure you post your order within the handling time you specified in the listing" It does not state, "make sure your item is scanned by your postal service within the handling time you specified in the listing". So, I just have a couple of simple questions for ebay. If I have posted my item and uploaded the tracking details onto ebay within the handling time specified in my listings, why do I have late shipping defects on my account? and Why won't anyone from ebay remove them? I have been with ebay for over 7 years now, but I do not live in a major city, I live in the sticks, rural Australia. like hundreds, possibly thousands of other faithful ebay sellers. Australia Post has always done a great job out here, so why are we being penalised by ebay because we do not live in a major city with easy access to mailboxes on every corner? Some people in Rural Australia have to drive for several hours just to get to their nearest mailbox or postal service. I know ebay is just trying to make sure it provides a great experience for its customers. But please ebay, don't forget the ebay sellers that have supported ebay to get where it is today. Regards, Frustrated an

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Late Shipping Defects

This is a member to member forum

eBay *might* read your post here *might* but don't rely on them doing so

But if you are posting things in a post box *that*  *could* be eBay's issue

Even if you upload tracking every time, if they are not seeing scans 'right away'  (if not being lodged over the counter)

eBay do not know or care where people live (not my personal opinion, it's simply how it is, just as they don't care if a seller has been in hospital unexpectedly) 

I can't speak for eBay and their actions though 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Late Shipping Defects

Are you getting your parcels scanned over the counter at the PO, or just putting them in the red box ?

If you are putting them in the red box, they probably won't get scanned until they get to the nearest city or hub.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Late Shipping Defects

If you live in the sticks, why does your item locations say you are in Brisbane?

If you are dropping parcels into the red box, that's probably your issue. If you buy ebay or Aust Post labels online, they will automatically give you a tracking event. That's how the drop shippers get around defects.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Late Shipping Defects

uploading tracking details, does not mean an item has been posted, you need to get the item scanned on lodgement.

Late shipment only comes into play, when a buyer reports the item did not arrive on time, or tracking shows it was not delivered on time, at which time the initial scan will be checked.  If the initial scan was within a sellers handling time, no defect applies

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Late Shipping Defects

It does not state, "make sure your item is scanned by your postal service within the handling time you specified in the listing".

--------------------------------------------------------------------

From  reasons a late shipment defect may be appealed.

Tracking was uploaded and shows that the acceptance scan was within your handling time

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Late Shipping Defects

So OP is suggesting that as soon as I print the label,  which marks item as posted,  it is ok.   

Which means I could keep the parcel in the bag seat of my car for 3 weeks before actually throwing in a red Box.

Really come on OP think about it.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Late Shipping Defects

Not in my experience - all you will get is 'initiated', which isn't a shipping scan.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Late Shipping Defects

Its passed 90 days, you can't appeal it now, you don't sell enough so the last year is taken into account. I wouldn't worry about it as you didn't notice them 90 days ago so I wouldn't worry about them now.

Anyway, even if the item is not scanned on time the item, the item can be delivered on time which won't could as a late shipment defect and will be automatically removed. So i suggest either sending on time or increasing your processing time.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply