Leaving feedback after dispute

I think its an absolute disgrace that I am unable to leave feedback for a buyer who didn't bother to pay me or contact me after wining an item. He initially did and then cut off feedback. I had to wait a month for resolution etc before it got sorted and he didn't pay and now I can't let other buyers or sellers know that he could be problematic, not to mention the fact that I lost a month's warranty waiting for this tool to respond, pay or the resolution to finalise, now I am back to square one reselling the iteam and I think that is very unfair given I did nothing wrong and he did.

Not happy ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

The most you have to wait for payment is 8 days.

4 days after the purchase you can open a non payer dispute and then 4 days later you can close it.

By doing this they get a non paying strike and are stopped from leaving you bad feedback, you get your fees back and you also are helping all sellers that have the blocks in place to stop buyers with more than 1 strike in a 12 month period from being able to buy from them.

Even if you left a neg for the buyer that will not stop them buying stuff unless the blocks are in place.

Even if you left a neg it is too late for a seller to see it on a buy now purchase.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Did you open a non payer dispute against him? You can do that after 4 days from date of sale and then can close exactly 4 days later at the earliest. That way you get your fees back and he gets a strike against his account. If he gets two strikes, he will find he can't buy from a lot of sellers who have blocks in place.

See if you can still open a case against. him. Go to the item on your selling page and click the dropdown at the right and select Resolve a Problem. On the next screen tick that you sold an item and didn't get paid. The next screen will allow you to open the case. Go back exactly 4 days later (to the time) and close it.

Set up buyer requirement blocks to stop any serial pests. Click this link, which takes you to the buyer requirements http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Then set them as you want them. The tightest settings are:

Non payer strikes, 2 in 12 months

Tick locations you don't post to.

Policy violations set to 4 in 6 months

Buyers who haven't gone through phone verification, set to 5

Tick the box so blocked buyers can't contact you.

Submit.

Also add pests like this to your blocked buyer list so they can't buy from you again. http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

It shouldn't have taken so long to get this sorted. In future, open a case after 4 days if a buyer hasn't paid. If they do pay, the case will automatically close.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

@*sparklz* wrote:

4 days after the purchase you can open a non payer dispute and then 4 days later you can close it.

By doing this they get a non paying strike and are stopped from leaving you bad feedback, you get your fees back and you also are helping all sellers that have the blocks in place to stop buyers with more than 1 strike in a 12 month period from being able to buy from them.

Even if you left a neg for the buyer that will not stop them buying stuff unless the blocks are in place.

Even if you left a neg it is too late for a seller to see it on a buy now purchase.

It's 2 strikes in 12 months.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

@*sparklz* wrote:

It's 2 strikes in 12 months.

More than 1 strike in a 12 month period is 2 or more

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

I noticed in your listing that you have mentioned that postage could be more. You really shouldn't do that. If the postage is listed as $13.40, that's all the buyer has to pay. If you are unsure, err on the side of caution and put a higher rate as you can always adjust it when you send an invoice.

Better still, package it up how to plan to send it and take it to the post office and ask them how much it will cost to post. Then you can put the correct postage and you don't risk upsetting buyers. If you have a cost listed and then you charge more, you're likely to get a negative for your efforts.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

reply is to sparklz

Cat LOL

Yes agree - lol - more than 1 = 2 or more

*waves to sparklz *

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

sheep

so nice of you to help so many people your on my special list lol

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

@opmania wrote:

sheep

I don't mind being on your special list, I'm a size 8, so wouldn't be buying off you anyway ๐Ÿ˜„ I'm probably on others special lists too.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

@opmania wrote:

sheep

Why ?

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply