Listing category

925chains
Community Member

Hi all, I have just listed an item, how do I put in a second category? I would like it in Men's Jewellery and Fine Jewellery..

Also it doesn't show up in a search yet, but I have read about that maybe taking 24 hours.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Listing category

If you go back to your listing, go to Revise listing. It should show you the start. Then push categories and then go to list in another category. It may cost extra.  Hope that helps a tad ?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Listing category

Thanks. I did that but it only says change category - it doesn't allow me to add a different category? Maybe it's because I haven't sold anything before?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Listing category

Under that, it says, add another Catagory. Is that not helping ?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Listing category

I asked ebay before. I just got an answer from them saying I used the wrong listing tool, should have used advanced tool, but when I tried that it told me I shouldnt use it yet. Now it's saying I should delete the listing and use the advanced listing tool to list it again. I dont think I'll bother. Thanks for your help

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Listing category

Obviously you are listing with the quick listing tool. You can revise your listing to use the advanced tool without ending your listing. Open your current listing by using the revise option. Up the top, click on change category. On the next screen, right up the top right is switch to advanced listing tool. Click on that, ignore the warning box that pops up and select the switch button.

On the next screen, you will have an empty box and above it, a blue link to your listing. Click on that and it will open your listing in the advanced tool. You can then add another category by clicking on the change category at the top of the screen.

By using the advanced tool, you can also add extra item specifics and even add a page view counter to the bottom of your listing.

Just remember, listing in a second category costs you money and you will be charged that fee everytime an unsold item relists automatically.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply