Listing fee?

I haven't sold on eBay for ages so am out of touch. I was under the impression that there's no insertion fee, up to a certain number of listings?
I've just completed one listing, and am being charged $1 insertion fee. I have a number of listings to do, and since I'll also be charged $1 each time a listing is renewed, this could become hefty. 

I really didn't expect an insertion fee. Can anyone advise please?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Listing fee?

You need to sign and and be fully verified for the new Managed Payments system which has been in place since July 2020.

There are a LOT of changes to the platform - please have a thorough read of the new sellers guide before jumping back in. And you'll need a passport or drivers licence to get verified plus a bank account in your name which must match the ID docs.

There will most likely be limitations on how many things you can list, or up to a certain dollar value. Now there are holds on payments until items are delivered with tracking for new/infrequent sellers. Basically, you'll need to re-establish yourself as a seller and prove that you are reliable and a good risk.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Listing fee?

You need to sign and and be fully verified for the new Managed Payments system which has been in place since July 2020.

There are a LOT of changes to the platform - please have a thorough read of the new sellers guide before jumping back in. And you'll need a passport or drivers licence to get verified plus a bank account in your name which must match the ID docs.

There will most likely be limitations on how many things you can list, or up to a certain dollar value. Now there are holds on payments until items are delivered with tracking for new/infrequent sellers. Basically, you'll need to re-establish yourself as a seller and prove that you are reliable and a good risk.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Listing fee?

Thanks for the advice. I sold a LOT a few years back, but now I'm starting to think FB Marketplace might be better.  ๐Ÿ™‚

I've been here for a couple of hours twiddling with my first, current, simple little listing. I'll go searching for Managed Payments system now. So far any information I've read on how to list tells me what I can do (minus info on the new payments system) but not how, and doesn't give links. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Listing fee?

Have a look at the two links below for setting up as a "new" seller.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/start-getting-paid-ebay?id=4795&st=12&pos=2&query=...

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/registering-seller?id=4792

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply