Listing on the new layout....selling antique & vintage items....how is UPC value relevant?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Listing on the new layout....selling antique & vintage items....how is UPC value relevant?

I just looked at one of your listings and noticed a lot of item specifics. I only fill out the required ones for the item to list and maybe a couple more if I feel they would help in searches.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Totally agree with eol. I only sell vintage / antique items - I just fill in the fields that are needed to allow the listing. Listing in Antique/ Vintage / Collectable categories generally means fewer inappropriate fields to complete.  I too fill in  Does Not Apply- eBay don't care WHAT you write, you just have to fill in the field. Many specifics are not applicable to my items and I am yet to find a buyer who searches that way (at least for the kind of items I sell).

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I have found the new listing site a stupid idea.   They are making things way too hard for people.
Why they changed it from good to crazy I have no idea, except to perhaps make it easier for them.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

It is not so don't use it. I just type in Does not apply. In the past it was an option to select but now you appear to have to just type it in.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I just looked at one of your listings and noticed a lot of item specifics. I only fill out the required ones for the item to list and maybe a couple more if I feel they would help in searches.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you just the info I needed ....regards

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Totally agree with eol. I only sell vintage / antique items - I just fill in the fields that are needed to allow the listing. Listing in Antique/ Vintage / Collectable categories generally means fewer inappropriate fields to complete.  I too fill in  Does Not Apply- eBay don't care WHAT you write, you just have to fill in the field. Many specifics are not applicable to my items and I am yet to find a buyer who searches that way (at least for the kind of items I sell).

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you for reinforcing advice from eoi-products on what I should be doing...my concern was when I typed 'none' in the UPC eBay would not list the item...changed it to zero and still no listing...thank you for your support....regards

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply