Listing was Removed

My listing has been on Ebay for nearly a year, but this week the listing was removed for reason below.

I understand why if the product is potentially harmful, but what I don't understand is why other listings with the identical product are still listed.

How can I find out what the potential issue is, so I can at least try and fix the problem??

We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our Product safety policy. Products that pose a health or safety hazard can’t be listed on eBay.

What activity didn't follow the policy

The item listed was referred to us by UK/US/AU/DE authorities due to product safety concerns. The item(s) in question has been found to be harmful to its users. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Listing was Removed

Well, listings are removed when they are reported or the bots find them.

There have been other sellers who have reported similar problems, for example with golliwogs. Some listings are still there simply because nobody has reported them or the bots have not found them...

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Listing was Removed

what was the item?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Listing was Removed

Was it another blender ?

Maybe the bots suddenly picked up on the word blade and decided it was a weapon ?

Or maybe there has been a product safety recall on them ?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Listing was Removed

What was the item?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Listing was Removed

Thanks everyone for the replies.  The item was a blender.

I've had no complaints from customers that I know of,  and sell a lot more through Facebook, so I'll just stick with that for now. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Listing was Removed

@tigerwheelworld wrote:

Thanks everyone for the replies.  The item was a blender.

I've had no complaints from customers that I know of,  and sell a lot more through Facebook, so I'll just stick with that for now. 

Then it is probably what sandypebbles said. The bots picked up some words like "blades" and thought it was a weapon.

It has nothing to do with complaints from customers. It is just the bots that pick up some words.

If you contact eBay from the live chat they will probably reinstate it.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply