Listings changed again..Also Try for free to Ebay Plus customers

bjlcr
Community Member

Every listing I did on weekend has duration changed from 30 days to listed until cancelled with a note underneath saying I will be charged every 30 days when it relists,

I tried changing this on the bulk listing page but it wont let me change it.I cant change it manually as its faded out and I cant do anything with it.

Also on some of my listing with free postage Ebay has taken the liberty of using my listing for EBAY PLUS and with a little note underneath TRY FOR Free..

Then further down they say they will supply free return post coupons to EBAY PLUS customers.

Isn't this just encouraging customers to copy stuff from DVD's cd's Records ,Photosand then send it back for their free return and money back.

Whats happening to Ebay.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What is happening to ebay?

It looks to me as though they are just giving up all pretence that sellers are in charge of their own listings.   If they can determine the listing price, listing duration and how much has to be paid in fees I think ebay should be determined as the seller for tax purposes, not just the GST as it is now.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

It looks to me as though they are just giving up all pretence that sellers are in charge of their own listings.   If they can determine the listing price, listing duration and how much has to be paid in fees I think ebay should be determined as the seller for tax purposes, not just the GST as it is now.

Certainly seems that way,

I have been reading some other threads from ebay sellers with much the same problems.

They are taking over the listings and denying it at the same time.

They are more or less uncontactable about it

And when they are contacted they deny that they are doing anything wrong.

They have also been putting on listings that I will accept offers for half the price I listed,

I gave up changing it because it just gets changed back.So if I do get offers I just refuse them.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I think the only way you can get rid of the Ebay Plus on your listings is to not meet the requirements. i.e. if you have free post, 1 day handling or allow returns for change of mind, then remove them. Not sure about the GTC aspect - do you have auctions?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply