Looks like the $1 weekends are definitely a goner.

😞

Was good while it lasted. 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What makes you say that?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

The promo links always work 2 days before they start, but they didn't work last week and they don't work today.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Bummer - I was hoping last weekend was a glitch.

Not sure I see the advantage for ebay to discontinue this promotion. The usual response from some people is that it clears out the dead wood, but then others say that something can sell after being listed for years (has happened to me. e.g. a ring first listed in 2017 recently sold).  

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
The promo links always work 2 days before they start, but they didn't work last week and they don't work today.

Do you mean the 'promotional offers' section at the bottom of the 'all selling' page? In my account nothing shows up there til the offer actually activates. That's on the 'classic' version, anyway.

You're probably talking about some other method of viewing the promos, though I fear you're right anyway about the weekends. They did actually axe them once before for a couple of months and then brought them back for much longer, but I can't sit around for a couple of months waiting this time. Have become too dependent on this promotion.   Very easy to suspect this was a long-game plan to get people to open stores, except I don't usually credit ebay with thinking that far ahead.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

In the promotions section (at the bottom) there's a link to view expired offers. Click on that, then on the link to an expired offer. If it won't be available within the next 2 days it'll either say it's not available because it's expired, or because it's by invitation only, or whatever. If it will be available it'll say you've accepted it, but it won't show in the promo section until it actually starts and is available.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
In the promotions section (at the bottom) there's a link to view expired offers. Click on that, then on the link to an expired offer. If it won't be available within the next 2 days it'll either say it's not available because it's expired, or because it's by invitation only, or whatever. If it will be available it'll say you've accepted it, but it won't show in the promo section until it actually starts and is available.

Oh, ok - cheers.   It actually did give me an 'accept offer' button, but then told me the offer was expired. Though it would have been odd if it had done otherwise, since it was an offer from two weekends ago.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Sorry, I didn't explain that clearly enough. When you click on the link to an expired offer, you then have to click on the link to accept the offer, and it's only after you do that that it'll tell you whether it's expired or been accepted.

They've been using the same promo number for months so unless they change it to a new one, the old offers still work (unless they've been discontinued). I suppose that means there's still hope for this weekend because if they did indeed have a technical glitch they might bring out a new promo number for this weekend rather than try and fix the old one.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply