MONEY HELD EFFECTIVELY A BLACKMAIL ACTION FOR PERSONAL DETAIL,

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

They claim, This is a public forum - please don't post personal information such as your name, financial information, address, email or phone number. Well my view is please do not steal my cash

I REFUSE TO SELL OR BUY FROM EBAY UNTIL THEY GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

eBay is required BY LAW by the Australian government to verify your banking details and personal details to prevent money-laundering etc,

UNLESS you provide those details eBay has no choice but to hold your money until you do, end of story......

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Duplicate post.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/MONEY-HELD-EFFECTIVELY-A-BLACKMAIL-ACTION-FOR-PERSONAL-DETA...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

If you haven't already sent those items, I would suggest you cancel and refund the transactions.

The new system has been in place for over 2 years. Ebay is one of the last big platforms to actually implement it - sellers on other platforms such as Amazon and Etsy have to provide this information BEFORE an account can even be opened.

Many governments now require businesses to KYC - "know your customer", and this includes gathering pertinent information. Ebay are not doing anything illegal. It is, however, entirely your responsibility to be aware of any and all new changes and systems in place. The minute you list something, it is implied that you have agreed to the current T&C's, which includes being signed up and verified for managed payments.

There is no way that you will ever see those funds unless you comply.

And read up on Managed Payments.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@woofnpurr1314 wrote:

They claim, This is a public forum - please don't post personal information such as your name, financial information, address, email or phone number. Well my view is please do not steal my cash

I REFUSE TO SELL OR BUY FROM EBAY UNTIL THEY GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY.

This forum is not for buying or selling anything. It's a discussion forum/help forum only. That's why you are asked not to share personal details.

I am a buyer and I have not had to share a lot of personal details, although obviously some.

But think about it-ebay needs to know some details about you as a seller, to verify you & make this a safer place for buyers. I know you may not be a scammer but there are some out there.

Those details ebay has will be kept private.

If you wanted to open a bank account etc, you would also have to provide some documentary evidence of ID.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Obviously you have not checked out ebay policys for quite awhile .

The hold on funds for new/intermittent sellers, has been in place for well over 4 yrs, and was applicable under the paypal system, long before managed payments was implemented.

So for starters your funds would be held (as a new seller) anyway.

Managed payments and the associated legal requirements for sellers, has now been in place for over 2 yrs and had a 2 yr lead in, so not something new, and on signing on to managed payments you agree to the T&C's that you have read and understood  ?

So basicly your claim of blackmail is rubbish , as even if you supply all the requested info for managed payments, your funds are still going to be held  until such time as ebay consider you to be a reliable seller.  Note:  everytime you have a break  from selling  3/6 months you start all over again.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply