MY PAGE IS STUCK ON SELLER HUB

mitbri
Community Member

Hi,

Can anyone help me.

I clicked on 'my ebay' and it took me to the seller hub, with all these stats and figures, and no matter what I do can't get out  of it.

I chatted with ebay and did not help me, told me to clear the caches and cookies and that didn't work.

Then he tried to tell me it was my search engine,and I know this is not the case.

Has anyone had this issue and if you could please help

thanks

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mitbri
Community Member

Hi everyone.  With NO help from the customer service chat session, I worked it out myself.

It turns out you click on a link at the top right hand corner of the screen where it says 'opt out' and you can get out of it.

It also comes up with a message saying 'thank you for trying the new sell hub, and before you go, can you let us know

what you think, then you can go back to your previous tool'

So I was right all along, It was ebay that sent this and altered by landing screen (after Cust.Serv.told me they could not do that).

God what an annoyance.

Especially when  I contact ebay and they don't even know what they are sending out to people.

Anyway all good now.

If anyone else has this happen to them, as least you know how to get out of it

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

mitbri
Community Member

Hi everyone.  With NO help from the customer service chat session, I worked it out myself.

It turns out you click on a link at the top right hand corner of the screen where it says 'opt out' and you can get out of it.

It also comes up with a message saying 'thank you for trying the new sell hub, and before you go, can you let us know

what you think, then you can go back to your previous tool'

So I was right all along, It was ebay that sent this and altered by landing screen (after Cust.Serv.told me they could not do that).

God what an annoyance.

Especially when  I contact ebay and they don't even know what they are sending out to people.

Anyway all good now.

If anyone else has this happen to them, as least you know how to get out of it

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Seller hub has been out for quite awhile now. A lot have already opted out. For those that didn't want to opt out, there is a link to take you to your normal My eBay page. You can then set that as your landing page.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Just woke up this morning and mine is stuck there as well. I can't seem to find the opt out button on the top right hand side.

Any ideas how to get out of it. Thanks

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

I just checked on the Ebay sell centre page and it says .... 

From August 2017, business sellers will no longer have the option to opt out of Seller Hub.

I have never used sellers hub. I wasn't impressed with it so I hope this isn't the case.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

There has been a barrage of complaints on the US boards since mid last week when eBay started moving US sellers to the Seller Hub with no prior notification and no longer allowing them to opt out. I have tried it a couple of times since it was introduced but soon switched back to SMP. It looks like we will just have to get used to it.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

I contactedEbay via chat and they toldme anyone on selling manager pro will automatically be changed to the sellers hub from now on.

I only use selling manager so don't know how this happened. I fixed it by going into my subscriptions and cancelled it. I then re subscribed into selling manager and it is all back to normal for me.

Hope this helps others. Those on selling manager pro will have no choice Ebay told me.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks for posting this informatioin on the selling manager and selling manager pro.

I checkec my subsrciption like you advised, and presto, there it was. I was subcribed to selling manager pro. and being charged $27.95 per month when I originally signed up for basic store at $24.95 per month.

It appears to me that when I first openend my basic store, ebay encouraged me to tick selling manager pro because

they promote that the first month is FRee

But they don't tell you that if you don't cancel it, it then charges you, and I have been charged ever since.

The difference between selling manager and selling manager pro is not worth the extra dollars, there's not that much difference and really I don't use any of the information is provides.

So thank you for that, and I have now corrected the subscription back to where it should be with a  basic store at $24.95 with just the selling manager option, which is free (unlike the sellling manager pro)

I guess this is the reason why my landing page for flipped in the first place.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Even when in the Seller Hub you can change back to the older style selling page:

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Seller-Hub-bypass/m-p/2086430#M159043

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

@mitbri wrote:

Thanks for posting this informatioin on the selling manager and selling manager pro.

I checkec my subsrciption like you advised, and presto, there it was. I was subcribed to selling manager pro. and being charged $27.95 per month when I originally signed up for basic store at $24.95 per month.

It appears to me that when I first openend my basic store, ebay encouraged me to tick selling manager pro because

they promote that the first month is FRee

But they don't tell you that if you don't cancel it, it then charges you, and I have been charged ever since.

The difference between selling manager and selling manager pro is not worth the extra dollars, there's not that much difference and really I don't use any of the information is provides.

So thank you for that, and I have now corrected the subscription back to where it should be with a  basic store at $24.95 with just the selling manager option, which is free (unlike the sellling manager pro)

I guess this is the reason why my landing page for flipped in the first place.

Selling manager pro is free to store owners.

Your store went from $24.95 per month to $27.45 per month because it is an eBay fee, and since 1 July eBay has been required to charge GST on their fees. There have only been about 50 threads about it in the last 2 months.

So, no, it won't change your store cost, just the usefulness of selling manager, as you now have the downgraded version.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply