Main image not showing (multi colours) showing first colour only ??

Hi guys, I am seeing a problem with some of my listings, unsure if it is only me.

When I search my item “Bling cat collar” I find my listing but it is only showing one colour/collar, yet when I see them in my “active listings” it is showing the main multi colour photo, so is it just a glitch ???  Or is this a new thing ???? really not sure what is going on. Just tried it with my "Em's for Kids" (ear muffs) and the same thing. any help apperciated, Thanks in advance.  

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Can you give the item numbers please

Edit: oops sorry, will check out the attachment

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Yep I'm seeing the same but I can't offer any advice. Bizarre

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Here is an item number for ear muffs, 252742618607

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I get the main image when selecting the listing but not in search.

Double check which image is in main image and swap it out then back in again as main image.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ems-4-Bubs-Baby-Safety-Earmuffs-Hearing-Protection-BLACK-OR-WHITE-Ems-Fo...

image host
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Double check which image is in main image and swap it out then back in again as main image.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ems-4-Bubs-Baby-Safety-Earmuffs-Hearing-Protection-BLACK-OR-WHITE-Ems-Fo...

Yeah, listing on a computer you can select a picture as main picture, is that right? I can't do that on my phone, the first picture becomes the main picture. But sounds like good advice from you once again

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Kopenhagen, checked the main image and it was the multi collars, then tried swapping the main to another image of all collars with the heart collar, still the same.

Also I am working on a desk top computer. 

it is a mystery Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

It looks like it's an eBay issue that at the moment can't be fixed unless you upload the intended gallery photo to one of the variations, which would then confuse buyers, I think. 

I hadn't noticed this happening until this thread, but can see it's affected my variation listings as well. I opened one up to edit and see if I could fix it, and the first photo uploaded to the first variation has been designated "Main photo" which is usually reserved only for the primary photo in the large section for the global images (if that makes sense). 

I checked another one and again, the first image in the global photos is designated "main photo" and then the first image in the first variation has also been designated "main photo" and that's the one that's showing up in the searches. 

I'll have a bit of a play with one of my listings that's variation but out of stock later today, and see if I can figure out a way it can be worked around or fixed - if not, it's just another tech issue we'll have to wait for eBay to get around to, I suppose. 😕 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Small update - if you use a search term exclusive to a variation, that's the image that shows in search results. 

eg If you search "bling cat collar", it shows the black variation. If you search "pink bling cat collar", it shows the pink variation instead. This is actually how variation images used to work when the format was first introduced, except the main gallery photo would still show in a general search rather than one of the variations, and then it switched to only ever showing the main gallery image no matter what the search terms are, so I don't know if this is a tinker that didn't quite work how it was supposed to, or a completely unintentional glitch that happened while they were tinkering with something else, I just know they can't stop tinkering. Smiley Mad Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks digital*ghost love your input, greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply