why cant i leave negative feedback for non paying bidders , how do you find out if there non payers

why cant i leave negative feedback for non paying bidders , not sure it would stop them but at least the rest of us would know they dont pay, recently had a buyer with feedback of twelve , two were non paying but positive !!!!!! how is this positive im so fed up with these people , how do we know there non payers if all they get is a strike should be named and shamed and a black star next to each bid they place so we all know they might not pay .

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

why cant i leave negative feedback for non paying bidders , how do you find out if there non payers

You can't leave negative feedback for a buyer because eBay decided about 5 years ago that sellers would no longer be able to leave anything but positives for buyers.

If a member has 2 or more strikes in an up to 12 month period sellers are able to block them.

How would being able to leave negatives help a seller who uses BIN, or against a buyer who bids at the last moment?

Open a case, close it when you can, get your FVF back and relist. Simple.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

You can't leave negative feedback for a buyer because eBay decided about 5 years ago that sellers would no longer be able to leave anything but positives for buyers.

If a member has 2 or more strikes in an up to 12 month period sellers are able to block them.

How would being able to leave negatives help a seller who uses BIN, or against a buyer who bids at the last moment?

Open a case, close it when you can, get your FVF back and relist. Simple.

How can strikes help sellers when they are removed or not recorded by ebay???

Would you like me to provide you with some links to bidders that have had 100s of strikes removed but still continue to be champion bidders???

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

oh...... hang the expense I spent 2 minutes and found this thread.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Current-Bidder-with-bad-feedback/m-p/686665/highlight/true#M...

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

another minute of my life wasted

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Buyer-Serial-Offender-eBat-does-not-care/m-p/273134/highligh...

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Would you like me to provide you with some links to bidders that have had 100s of strikes removed but still continue to be champion bidders?

how do you know, do you have some inside information

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Why-do-sellers-leave-feedback-for-non-paying-bidders/m-p/341...

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Should-sellers-be-able-to-leave-negative-feedback-for-non/m-...

some light reading for those interested above

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

No thanks. All my items are BIN. If the strikes don't work then they are no less effective than red dots.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Must be different for powersellers.

A discussion there is talking about 100s of buyers being blocked for too many strikes. They must be the numpties? Or the prevalence of strikes getting overturned might be a bit less than your implication.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Must be different for powersellers.

A discussion there is talking about 100s of buyers being blocked for too many strikes. They must be the numpties? Or the prevalence of strikes getting overturned might be a bit less than your implication.

Some excerpts "ahaah me hearties' 100's ?????

"One buyer has tried 76 times over 2 days to buy one book - and never contacted me"

another separate id's comment

In the last 60 days I have 23 pages (553 blocked bidders) and about 80% are those with too many strikes.

100's of blocked bidders ??????

....... or.......

8 or 10 numpty buyers that tried approximately 70 plus times to buy one unique item, = 560  ids recorded.... not 560 unique ids

Message 10 of 18 (96 Views)

Sorry to ignore your question, sueken but l had to flee off to work. But someone has shown yous all so thats good.

Interesting to see all the blocks due to strikes but go one step further -

if you have a brand new buyer and the Requirements list shows attempted bidding on the same item.....you can usually guess its the same buyer.

They are pretty savvy now and know to make a new ID to get around the blocks.

I've had the odd one or two who have bought an item then told me they had to make a new ID so they could buy it due to my blocks.

And no,eBay do not do anything about it.

My report shows ONE NZ buyer who asked me to unblock them, which I did, for delivery to an Australian address.

My point was that the blocks seem to work for sellers here, regardless of what people who have a mountain view try to intimate.

Message 13 of 18 (32 Views)

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply