Major warning about Australia post office Contract

I have a contract with Australia post office for my business i sign the contract in Dec 2013 and very month it has been going up in prices per items i send .

now last month invoice from them came in and now they are charging me $0.88 extra per item i send now.

Plus i send Australia post box  a BX 6 that i buy off them  the very small one they charge you $40.00 for them send  because of this CUBING that they have now

So a contract with Australia post is a joke don't  get a contract with them because they will fraud you of money and they will not believe you in any way they just take your money  and no one will help you

So be warned  

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Have you asked them why the charges are increasing?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

There's an Ombudsman investigation into Australia Post Parcel Contracts at the moment, including prices/fees that creep in and/or increase without proper notice and cubing of irregular shaped articles which can not be done with a tape measure. Contact the Postal industry OMB now and add your voice!  

Phone: 1300 362 072 (calls from mobile phones will attract mobile phone rates)
Enquiries: 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, Australian Eastern Standard Time (Australian Eastern Daylight Time when daylight savings is in effect)
Postal: GPO Box 442, Canberra ACT 2601
Fax: 02 6276 0123
Email: pio@ombudsman.gov.au
SMS: 0413 COM OMB (0413 266 662) (standard carrier rates apply)

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Ombudsman investigation into Australia Post Parcel Contracts they will not help you in any way

they all said no we cannot help you in any way they just turn you away

and just said put up with it 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Yes all they say is the new CUBING that is doing this price rise  but the parcels i was sending is 220 mm x 145 x 35 mm

that works out too be in CUBING 0.33 g  under 500g  and it there box's they sell

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

The Ombudsman has a legal obligation to investigate an issue brought to their attention. In your case, you stated that they have been increasing your prices within your Contract period. That would be in breach of your Contract if you have set prices for the 12 month contractual period. Therefore, if they are doing that, the Ombudsman would definitely investigate that.

Secondly, you state that they are cubing boxes and charging you more than the deemed weight? If that is so, then that is also not lawful. In my Business Parcel Contract, they can only charge a single set price for parcels up to 500g regardless of how they are packaged, to any destination in Australia.

You might need to put the matter in writing to the Ombudsman if you feel they are not listening to you over the phone.

The whole point of a business contract that covers a year is to give a business peace of mind as to prices and conditions remaining constant over that period. If they are changing the prices or altering the conditions outside of the contract, then that is not lawful. What's the point of having a yearly contract if they don't stick to it? It would be misleading and deceptive conduct.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Yes all they say is the new CUBING that is doing this price rise  but the parcels i was sending is 220 mm x 145 x 35 mm

that works out too be in CUBING 0.33 g  under 500g  and it there box's they sell

Does the parcel weigh more than 500g? If it does then you are charged on dead weight not cubed weight.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@jensmanchester wrote:

Does the parcel weigh more than 500g? If it does then you are charged on dead weight not cubed weight.

I read that the wrong way.

If the parcel is UNDER 500g then it is charged on dead weight not cubed weight. Which is why there is no calculated postage for under 500g.

As mentioned, OP, take it to the Ombudsman, after getting confirmation from AP as to the reasons for the increase. Which I might have mentioned before.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Dave - the way I read it was that the OP is saying that as it is only a small box which cubes to 0.3 kg then he should only be charged for a parcel under 500g.

If he was charged $40.00 to post a very small box then it must have been very heavy and therefore he would have been charged on the actual weight. For parcels over 500g postage is charged on the greater of either the dead weight or the cubed weight.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

If you go to the Post Ofice now they saying they can cube very thing you send under 500g it

up too your Post Office if they do it getting a joke sending parcel though the post   

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply