Make Non Payers Pay

not sure about other sellers,but i am sick of the bidders who don't pay,i think its time ebay fines these people a minimal fee to go to the seller when they don't pay,my time should be covered for all the extra hassle that i have to go through,any one else?

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Make Non Payers Pay

self report one of the two threads you have started that are essentially identical.  It will save a lot of confusion.

Message 2 of 56
Latest reply

Make Non Payers Pay

have you got all your bidder blocks in place to minimize the chances of non payers bidding on your items?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 56
Latest reply

Make Non Payers Pay

Please tell us what your settings are for Buyer Restrictions.

Also, do you raise a Non Paying Bidder dispute for each one?

If so, do you close it and issue the non-payer with a strike?

Tell us those things so that we know how you are handling it at the moment, and can discuss further.

Message 4 of 56
Latest reply

Make Non Payers Pay

How do you propose eBay do that? You already get the FVF back (a minimal payment to the seller?) Given that buyers don't have to have ANY financial stake in eBay. Take it from their autonomous, arms-length subsidiary Paypal account. If they have one.

Unworkable and unnecessary. Just go through the NPB report, leave a strike, block them and move on.

I can imagine how this place would end up if it got a reputation for charging buyers, warranted or not.

As I said in your other thread

Message 5 of 56
Latest reply

Make Non Payers Pay

When people buy at a B&M shop they can return the item and get a full refund, without any penalties for the return, as long as they have proof of purchase.

When customers come into my shop should I charge an entrance fee so they can scuff their boots on my floor, take up my time, get my advise, then go away without buying anything.

Some buy and some don't, some stuff around and others are too impatient to wait while I finish with another customer and go without me knowing what they might have wanted.

It's retail, and it's "par for course", I'm sure you've done it too.

Message 6 of 56
Latest reply

Make Non Payers Pay

yes

you get the final value back,but you have to go for 5 days then relist it , it happens so often now its stupid , and i have nil option to leave any feedback but positive for these people , but a buyer can hold me to ransom for anything,the scales are uneven i think.

Message 7 of 56
Latest reply

Make Non Payers Pay

and i have nil option to leave any feedback but positive for these people , but a buyer can hold me to ransom for anything,the scales are uneven i think.

When we look at the last 30 day bidding patterns of bidders from the bid page of an item it shows how many bid retractions the bidder has had in the last 6 months.  Maybe showing how many UPI strikes they have would not be such a bad idea!

Make Non Payers Pay

Maybe showing how many UPI strikes they have would not be such a bad idea!

Maybe, but I can think of two situations that would make that pointless, & we would be back to where we are today with them not being shown.

Snipers & if you run 100% BIN's.

A possible 3rd candidate would be the big sellers who have ten's of dozens of sales or more a day. They would probably have to employ another person just to check each bidder, & I don't think many of them would find that feasibly cost effective.

Message 9 of 56
Latest reply

Make Non Payers Pay

I spend about 3 minutes of my time chasing up non-payment (from sending the reminder message to - if necessary - closing a case). Don't think I'd care to add to it by chasing up payments for non-payments.

I get that NPBs are annoying, and all the reasons why, and I get that the more frequently you experience them, they tend to compound the annoyance factor, but you have to be realistic with any possible resolutions.

You can't control what the buyers do, but you can control what you do - if you limit the amount of time and energy you put in to a pursuit that's ultimately fruitless (NPBs), you limit the time and energy they waste.

I'm not really interested in visual records of non-paying strikes, as the system is currently set up so that - if you choose - buyers with a pre-set amount are blocked from buying, and my experience with other sites where sellers can leave negs pretty much proves that a public, visual record of undesirable behaviour doesn't stop buyers from repeating it.

That's not to say I can't see some value in a record or tally, be it visible or not, of other behaviours buyers can engage in - ones that we can't currently block them for without finding out about it beforehand and doing it manually (eg frequent chargebacks, INR claims, feedback extortion etc etc). I think those things would be much more detrimental to my business and/or waste more time to deal with than NPBs.

Message 10 of 56
Latest reply