Make an offer

cezm
Community Member

I had an item listed at my minimum price when eBay informed me via email that they had kindly added MaO to the item

I went in to the listing to remove MaO and discovered they had allowed offers at 50% of my selling price

I removed it but I remember sellers here saying that sometimes eBay just re-add it

I've now added MaO to the item but only at $1 less than the price I want

Does anyone know if eBay fiddle with the minimum offer price once MaO is in place

If so, darn!

If not, maybe I should put MaO on anything listed so I don't get any surprises

(I also remember seeing buyers in the forum riled because a seller only had a minimal reduction in MaO. Perhaps now I know one of the reasons sellers do it - because they are forced to counteract eBay's good intentions!)

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Make an offer

I had eBay keep doing this to one item. Only 1. They were listing the MAO at 50% of my asking price. As soon as I'd remove it, they'd put it back. In the end, like you, I set my own price. I can't remember what price I had it at now, but say it was $50. I set the auto accept at $49.95 and the auto reject at $49.50. It stopped eBay fiddling with it and it eventually sold for the full price. Maybe the buyers couldn't see the MAO on the listing? 

I can see that both your listings on this account have Best Offer available.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Make an offer

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I had eBay keep doing this to one item. Only 1. They were listing the MAO at 50% of my asking price. As soon as I'd remove it, they'd put it back. In the end, like you, I set my own price. I can't remember what price I had it at now, but say it was $50. I set the auto accept at $49.95 and the auto reject at $49.50. It stopped eBay fiddling with it and it eventually sold for the full price. Maybe the buyers couldn't see the MAO on the listing? 

Thanks tippy

I've ended up putting it on all listings on all accounts - just saves worrying about what eBay might do

I have just found the change offer settings link. I had been trying to add auto accept through the revise listing button, unsuccessfully as it isn't there!

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Make an offer

@cezm wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Thanks tippy

I've ended up putting it on all listings on all accounts - just saves worrying about what eBay might do

I have just found the change offer settings link. I had been trying to add auto accept through the revise listing button, unsuccessfully as it isn't there!

The auto accept/decline is there when I hit revise. I only hit revise on one item, it wasn't a bulk revise. When I hit the accept offers, it took a few moments for the auto boxes to appear. Same when I unticked it.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply