Make offer

I am listing all my items as auction and always tick the "make an offer" box. A buyer tried to make an offer that was less than the starting price and was not able to do so. I checked with EBay and they said that it only applied to higher offers.Is that so ? Very confusing for buyers. Appreciate your comments on this. Regards, Patricia.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Make offer

@pats_treasures wrote:

I am listing all my items as auction and always tick the "make an offer" box. A buyer tried to make an offer that was less than the starting price and was not able to do so. I checked with EBay and they said that it only applied to higher offers.Is that so ? Very confusing for buyers. Appreciate your comments on this. Regards, Patricia.

As you can see your fellow ebays have researched this question and argued this way and that, and we still don't know why.

So the only thing I can think of now is that the buyer is blocked in some way - for two many unpaid strikes, etc.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Make offer

Thank you for that example  proving to me that a lower offer can be submitted, and thanks to all who  answered my query. The buyer did say that she had little experience of Ebay or perhaps she was blocked for another reason. I wll continue to tick the "Make an Offer" and see if I get any lower offers in the future. It is good to have the option.  I do appreciate your advise and support. Many thanks.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply