Managed Payment

Managed payment is an absolute pain to reconcile. Payments are being made which were never processed, due to the customer cancelling. How can these transactions reconciled if we never put an invoice through. It was easy in Paypal.

The whole process is an absolute pain. Ebay deducts ad fees for products which have not been paid yet. We hate the whole process. If you sell expensive items, payment only rocks up, 2-3 days later. PayPal was instant every day and easy to manage.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Managed Payment

jvdv
Community Member

Agreed, this "managed payment" system is a pain. After I registered last month I listed a few items over the weeks to see how it went and I found it frustrating - charged commission on a cancelled order, random emails from eBay telling me they have have credited my account with a few $$$'s and a few days later another telling me they have charged my account for a few $$'s - and then having to reconcile these amounts. Using PP and being billed once each month by eBay for postage & fees was so much more straight forward.

The end result is that I now can't be bothered dealing with this and just sell through other outlets. I will maintain my eBay account but only use now and then for specific sales.  

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply