Managed Payments - Does ebay hold an Australian Financial Services license ?

Hi Everyone,

I have resisted managed payments because I have concerns over what happens if something with the payment goes awry especially since my experience with ebay customer service is that they are largely uncontactable.

I am also disappointed that there are zero savings for sellers switching to managed payments.

Currently Paypal hold an Australian Financial Services License 304962 and if there is a problem with the payment component of the transaction then the AFS steps in.

Are eBay AFS license holder ?

Cheers Jamie

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Managed Payments - Does ebay hold an Australian Financial Services license ?

@toolman-online wrote:

A good starting point is their feedback

No transactions as a seller is a bit of a giveaway

Of course I only have 9000 so what would I know

reading your posts it is clear that you are keen on maximising your profits.

So my question to you is:

Do eBay shareholders have a right to expect that those who are running eBay be interested in maximising profits?

Build your fees into your pricing structure.

**edit** What would be your reaction to a buyer messaging you and asking you to lower your prices because they think they are too high?

Message 31 of 44
Latest reply

Re: Managed Payments - Does ebay hold an Australian Financial Services license ?

While busy checking the listings of others - seems the bottom line has been - well - forgotten.

Time - is one of the most important factors - in business.

I did waste mine - just a little - 26 items listed on eBay - does a hobby make.

Don't give up your day job. 

Edited to add - this is a posting ID . 😉

Message 32 of 44
Latest reply

In fairness to the OP... Google paints a different picture to their eBay listings.

Message 33 of 44
Latest reply

In fairness to all of us that the OP slagged off at, the OP's beef is with eBay, and thus their 26 listings and 72 feedback (including buying) over the past year is what is relevant.

Message 34 of 44
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

In fairness to the OP... Google paints a different picture to their eBay listings.

What - Tuck - you want me to Google - ' tools '. 🤣

Message 35 of 44
Latest reply

davewill you are correct regarding the OP's attitude & eBay standing.

Message 36 of 44
Latest reply

Lol... good one.

Now that I think of it I have seen the OP's stand at Field Days here in the Wild West.

Message 37 of 44
Latest reply

No good pointing out rules and facts, cezm when only one's opinions and assumptions matter

Message 39 of 44
Latest reply

'ebay is merely complying with legal requirements and is not pocketing anything extra, so nothing to pass on'

Since eBay charge fees on the total order, which includes the postage fees (which they calculate the precise amount), then yes, THEY ARE POCKETING EXTRA which is the fees on postage.

Message 40 of 44
Latest reply