Managed Payments - slow bank payouts?

Hi guys, has anyone else been affected by increased wait times for eBay sales funds to come across to your Bank accounts? It used to be 18 - 24 hours with PayPal - now seems to be taking DAYS?

Steve

Message 1 of 243
Latest reply
242 REPLIES 242

For me it has been 3 sleeps between notice of payment and receipt into my bank account.    Terribly slow by today's standards.

Message 2 of 243
Latest reply

We were moved over to MP on Wednesday night last week...Have since sold over $500 worth of items and not one cent has come into account as yet. We only received a notification this morning that $269 was paid as of this morning and that may take up to 3-4 days to come across.

Paypal for us takes 18-24 hours tops....Ebay is a now a joke! All these items saying you have access to these funds you can send the item...Really? Until i see some money hit the account sorry but buyers are going to have to wait an extra day or two now. 

The fact they have been allowed to introduce this in the first place makes me wonder why we are even bothering. Once all my stock is gone in the next year or so I will be riding off into the sunset.

They are clearly making money on our money sitting there in short term finance markets. Anyone can see that!

Message 3 of 243
Latest reply

@rocketcds - Ebay is sending the money, but each bank has it's own processing times.

My bank seems to take 3 business days once Ebay sends it, which is hardly Ebay's fault.

I think that when we first moved over to PP many, many years ago, payout were not as quick as they are now, as PP has become very well established. The new payments manager, Adyen, is an unknown for banks at this point, so perhaps there is a certain level of caution.

Not sure why you would give up what seems to be a successful shop over this, but of course, that is your choice.

Message 4 of 243
Latest reply

We're obviously lucky with our bank (a smallish regional bank).

We've had 3 payments sent so far, and all credited in a similar time frame which is very similar to Paypal.

Managed payments shows payment sent just after 1am.

Email received between 2.30am and 3am.

Money credited to our bank account between 10.30am and 11am the same day.

So all banks are different - and some obviously much quicker than others.
Message 5 of 243
Latest reply

Absolute Joke, had no choice was forced to impliment the ebay payment system. Previously with paypal our money was in our bank aacount the next morning. Ebay just keeps screwing sellers over and over. When a buyer doesn't wait for a cominded postage on multiple  items there is no way to partially refund them excess postage on this system . It is becoming extremely frequent that buyers do this and the seller has to pay ebay fees on the whole postasge amount.

Its becoming uneconomical to use ebay , ebay takes a lot of the money out of a sellers small profit margin.

when you do have an issue it's difficult to get satisfactory as the  overseas call centres are just reading off prompts snd dont realy resolve the isuues, you tend to bang your head against the wall and give up. ebay has fogotten the us sellers.

Message 6 of 243
Latest reply

I was moved over to MP on Wednesday night last week also and have since sold over $800 worth of items and not one cent has come into my account as yet.  Payments from PayPal I withdraw every morning and they are in my bank account by 11.00pm the same day.

I received my first notification this morning from eBay that $127 will take 3-4 business days to reach my bank account and that was my latest sale!  What has happened with all my orders from 6 August?   My eBay "financial Summary" is a dog's breakfast with earlier payments still marked processing and some randomly marked as payments received, but none have been received.

Payments on my website via Stripe only take 2 business days from purchase to reach my bank account and they only charge 1.9%.  I think money spent on google advertising for my webiste will be far more benificial for me, than paying eBay fees and wasting so much time on eBay's constant changes.

Message 7 of 243
Latest reply

@roverlordoffroadspares wrote:

Absolute Joke, had no choice was forced to impliment the ebay payment system. Previously with paypal our money was in our bank aacount the next morning. Ebay just keeps screwing sellers over and over. When a buyer doesn't wait for a cominded postage on multiple  items there is no way to partially refund them excess postage on this system . It is becoming extremely frequent that buyers do this and the seller has to pay ebay fees on the whole postasge amount.

Its becoming uneconomical to use ebay , ebay takes a lot of the money out of a sellers small profit margin.

when you do have an issue it's difficult to get satisfactory as the  overseas call centres are just reading off prompts snd dont realy resolve the isuues, you tend to bang your head against the wall and give up. ebay has fogotten the us sellers.

We've refunded the excess postage a few times already under managed payments - it's quite simple to do.

Just go to orders under seller hub, click on "send refund" in the drop down to the left of the transaction, and choose the reason "postage discount". 

The only down side is that we had the Paypal fees refunded with the old system, and we don't now, but that was only a percentage of all fees paid anyway.

Message 8 of 243
Latest reply

So now with payments not going directly into Paypal you cant use your funds to make other purchaces using your balance like previously with paypal.

Message 9 of 243
Latest reply

thanks I'll check it out., when I contacted ebay chat they told me there was no way to do it unless I contacted buyer and did a diect refund via pay pal. I explained that there is nothing in Paypal account re this purchase and so cant do it.  They suggested I message the buyer, I told them ebay blocks email addresses in messages under the direct contact prohibition rules.

Message 10 of 243
Latest reply