Managed payment issue no funds for near 3 weeks - Declined - Declined

Hi All

A lot has been said on the boards regarding management payments. I must say I did not like the new process but it was going fine and decided there is no use complaining as everyone will be conververted - so put up or leave eBay was my attitude.

That was until I had an issue - my bank was down for a couple of hours the night the transfer was to be made (I am on weekly) realised this as I had a payment at the sametime from the other online platform (E). which did not arrive making me realise it was a bank issue.  Decided to wait until the next day as I thought they would re-process and go to my bank account. The E payment arrived but not eBay. 

In the Payments section declined was the status. 

Okay got on the phone to Ebay and they said we will re process - DECLINED again. My account is in full order with no issues which has been conifrmed by the OPS. 

I have spoken to Ebay six times speaking with OPS in both UK and the US along with several Chat sessions.   They have no idea why my payments have been declined  of which three now have been declined. No payment for close to 3 weeks with a value of over $2000. Not a large amount but not to be sneezed at when you live in Melbourne in Stage 4 restrictions and have been left without employment. A most stressful situation. I am not listing any new items as at this stage do not see the point as I will not receive the funds. Everything is going on the E platform. 

They have esculated the issue but really this is not acceptable - The funds owing are rightfully mine and would have thought they could have rectified the issue with some urgency but obviously they do not know the cause of the decline.   I have lodged a complaint with  AFCA  

Must say I am wits end.  I am sure I will receive the funds eventually but when is the big question. 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I am so sorry for your sh*tfest....I have no answers....have you asked to speak to a supervisor?

Don't relent.....hound them...find one that makes sense....good luck!
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Sorry to hear of this situation - very stressful for sure.

There is a blog on eCommerceBytes which indicates there are a few like yourself.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2020/9/1600130119.html

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Have tried the esculation to supervisor and then requested even higher.  No result through this either

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Unbelievable!!!!
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

A couple of suggestions for 'Mangled Payments' worse case scenarios:

1. Change the bank details to a different account.
2. Daily transfers, rather than weekly help cash flow in a crisis.
3. Always have a backup, second eBay account and with a different bank.

(Here in pre MP land, a second PayPal account is a must have).
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Sorry that this happened, OP. $2000 is a significant amount to be out of pocket for.

I really do feel that implementing this system in the middle of a pandemic was the wrong move for so many reasons, not least of all because they have skeleton staff due to restrictions, so it's more difficult than ever to get help.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

You are not alone. Same thing happened to me and my payments were all declined. Ebay said it was banks problem but bank said it was ebay not putting right details on. Lots of chats later, who "escalated'  the problem to their tech team numerous times over a couple of weeks, and twice requesting a call from a supervisor and told they would contact me 24-48 hours later, after 6 days I finally got my supervisor call. Within 2 days the supervisor got my payments going thru.

IS THAT THE END?? NO!!  Now my payments have just stopped altogether and no red dots saying they were decined. I have one showing by ebay as sent 9 days ago  and others later, that ebay chat are now looking  into. They said my bank is slow but I do not think any bank will take 9 days, and my bank uses Osko which is usually within minutes. Never had problems before managed payments were forced upon me.  

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Both banks/institutions have to use Osko for the payments to be instant.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply